Today's Update

Posted this in the pinned thread above but here you can discuss the latest update:

Today's update:

"Approved By:" field

Now the waymark owner, Group officers, and administrators can see who among a group has approved a particular waymark. This will allow waymark submitters to appeal directly to a specific group officer for concerns, and provide the rest of a Group with more information on who approved a specific waymark.

Additional searches on waymark pages

You'll now find the following on waymark pages:

Search for...

Nearest Waymarks

Nearest Firehouses (or whatever)

Nearest Geocaches

ISBN Variable

These are the numbers you'll find near the barcode on the back of a book, and which can be used on sites like Amazon.com to look them up. The variable field will check for the proper formatting so false numbers cannot be input.

-Nate

Edited by OpinioNate

Now the waymark owner, Group officers, and administrators can see who among a group has approved a particular waymark. This will allow waymark submitters to appeal directly to a specific group officer for concerns, and provide the rest of a Group with more information on who approved a specific waymark.

Additional searches on waymark pages

That's very helpful thanks. I also see that you can see who Declined a submission so if you have a beef you can have a discussion with the decliner - not that I see a need to do that - ones I've had declined were all for perfectly valid reasons which were explained in a note - but it's always nice to know who's doing what.

Razak Posted Yesterday, 06:20 PM

<tries to think of something to do with a variable for ISBN>

Hey can you submit a waymark without coords?

No.

That is the exact problem that Waymarking has solved. That being people posting unique coordinates for locations that match the 'target'... that was Locationless.

I certainly hope you aren't proposing a "Puzzle Waymarking" like we have Puzzle Caches in Geocaching. Oh I can just see it now... someone is going to try to get a "PUZZLE CATEGORY" together. <_<

That might work with the proposed WOW Category... but I hope Waymarking continues to be about "See This!" instead of "Figure out how to See This!"

:lol: The Blue Quasar

Razak Posted Yesterday, 06:20 PM

<tries to think of something to do with a variable for ISBN>

Hey can you submit a waymark without coords?

No.

That is the exact problem that Waymarking has solved. That being people posting unique coordinates for locations that match the 'target'... that was Locationless.

I certainly hope you aren't proposing a "Puzzle Waymarking" like we have Puzzle Caches in Geocaching. Oh I can just see it now... someone is going to try to get a "PUZZLE CATEGORY" together. :laughing:

That might work with the proposed WOW Category... but I hope Waymarking continues to be about "See This!" instead of "Figure out how to See This!"

Personally I think most categories are about "see this" but Waymarking games category allows for a little more flexibility than that... I guess this would go back to why you are ok with McDonald's though... if you don't like it, ignore it=P I don't think we should be rewarding people who come up with categories like "McDonald's" and penalizing people who actually are creative with Waymarking.

All of the waymarks I've created in categories before they switched to group management say that I approved them...

All of the waymarks I've created in categories before they switched to group management say that I approved them...

Did you approve them?

Did you approve them?

Nope, I've never approved any of my own. I never owned any categories either. These were made in those that have now switched over to group management. The categories that haven't, are ok.