I'm Hooked

I dont think I posted to the UK forums, so have copied and pasted! Apologies if I'm totally confuddled!

I heard about Geocaching on Saturday 15th April and got searching ASAP! Monday 17th gave up with the one nearest to home (multipart and a bit ambitious for a first attempt). Visited parents on 18th and found our first. "Get The Cache Bentley Bear" (Grandma came too) and on 19th Grandma and Grandpa both came along but got a little tired. CJ and I carried on and found our second "Concrete Chocolate". 20th, back home, and found our third "The Barrel Makers Ramble"! I guess you could say we are hooked! CJ has even said its better than sitting in front of the TV and we're getting exercise even if we dont find the cache. As we dont have GPS its all been from the map links but I dont think it will be long before I get one of the little gadgets!

Just wanted to share! We're really enjoying getting our shoes muddy! CJ still on half term break and will be coming to work with me tomorrow so, yes, you guessed, have looked up a couple close to the office (but I'm not confident ).

db

PS. what is "guided mode" at the bottom of text window?

Edited by DeeBee&CeeJay

Welcome....your doomed! :D ...if you have a gerden it will now become a forest..no time for mundane things like mowing the lawn...only time for caching.Guided mode is to help with these pages..egBigREDCache.....uyour next purchase will need to be a GPS...maybe someone on these forums might have a spare to sell you?...happy hunting..

Welcome! Just be careful, soon you won't be able to travel anywhere without finding out if there are caches there first.

Diy will stop :(

Your house will deterioate <_<

Your fuel bills will go through the roof :(

All your colleagues at work will think your mad :huh:

Welcome to the addiction

No known cure except FTFs :(

You poor sad junkie, quit while you can before it's too late. Don't buy a GPSr (esp a Garmin Legend) otherwise your life will be over. You can't get patches or gum to stop the cravings...

Maps will become essentials not just something you keep in the car under the passenger seat. Save yourself.

On the other hand when you going caching again? Soon I'll bet. :-)

Don't worry. After about 2-3 years you will start to think that there is more to life than hunting for tupper boxes and such. But soon you will realise that there is not much more, so off you will go again.

After about five years, you will feel that you must have a rest and realy get a life.

Then you will find that someone has placed some caches close to your home. Battery up the GPS, load the infomation into your PDA or print out the sheets, and away you go again.

There is only one way for it to end... RIP.

Well at least you've started out together.

My addiction started on a chance meeting, (didn't it Team V!) last summer. My Xmas pressie to myself was a Garmin and the day after it arrived I clocked up my first find.

By the time I got into the teens the wife was coming along on the excuse to walk the dog. By the early 20's she'd been out got some descent walking boots, a waterproof and a small backpack.

By the time we'd reached the 30's she was holding the Garmin, in the 40's she was beginning to read it.

As we approached the 50's a holdiay was looming and her suggestion was somewhere different and where there are plenty of caches.

During the holiday she proudly told me she has her own user name now, TymeCrystal so no need to sign the finds Clawz, Jan and Patch, it can be BareClawz, TymeCrystal and Patch now.

We're in the 70's now and I'm wondering how long it will be before she decides to learn to map read and actually use the Garmin. The next stage will be wanting her own I imagine.

I'm already planning a doggy coat for Patch, with pockets of course. That way he can carry his own swops especially after helping himself to a golf ball from one.

I hope this sad tale of a growing addiction has raised a smile to some, been a warning to others. But hands up all those it's a familiar story too.

Well at least you've started out together.

My addiction started on a chance meeting, (didn't it Team V!) last summer. My Xmas pressie to myself was a Garmin and the day after it arrived I clocked up my first find.

By the time I got into the teens the wife was coming along on the excuse to walk the dog. By the early 20's she'd been out got some descent walking boots, a waterproof and a small backpack.

By the time we'd reached the 30's she was holding the Garmin, in the 40's she was beginning to read it.

As we approached the 50's a holdiay was looming and her suggestion was somewhere different and where there are plenty of caches.

During the holiday she proudly told me she has her own user name now, TymeCrystal so no need to sign the finds Clawz, Jan and Patch, it can be BareClawz, TymeCrystal and Patch now.

We're in the 70's now and I'm wondering how long it will be before she decides to learn to map read and actually use the Garmin. The next stage will be wanting her own I imagine.

I'm already planning a doggy coat for Patch, with pockets of course. That way he can carry his own swops especially after helping himself to a golf ball from one.

I hope this sad tale of a growing addiction has raised a smile to some, been a warning to others. But hands up all those it's a familiar story too.

Don't let her have the car keys!