New Firmware For 60c, 60cs, 76c, 76cs

This update makes the following changes:

Adds support for Topo Great Britain maps.

Correctly handles apostrophes and prefixes when displaying European city names and streets.

Fixes occasional shutdown on highway page.

Uses updated search process for WAAS and EGNOS satellites.

Presents only relevant cities as choices given during address or intersection searches.

Preserves stopwatch lap distance if user goes off of the stopwatch page.

Corrects profile plot for tracks and routes that cross the Prime Meridian.

Prevents long idle times during power save GPS mode.

Sounds anchor drag alarm until reset by the user rather than sounding just a single tone.

Shows proper units on the map page when reviewing depth contours on the map page.

Applies map datum only to the Location (selected) field and not to the Location (lat/lon) field.

Just upgraded also.... But had 2 abnormal shutdowns while collecting the almanac... :huh:

An anomily perhaps???? I hope... <_<

It did find WAAS 48 real quick...

mine took fine.Per as usual.

60CS. check your usb port for constant connection

Thanks, but actually the firware upgrade, and 500 geos all downloaded fine to the GPS while connected to the PC via USB... The power failures were while I was navagating on a trip.... I'm marking these as anomilies until it happens again... :(

Just upgraded also.... But had 2 abnormal shutdowns while collecting the almanac... :huh:

An anomily perhaps???? I hope... <_<

It did find WAAS 48 real quick...

mine took fine.Per as usual.

60CS. check your usb port for constant connection

Thanks, but actually the firware upgrade, and 500 geos all downloaded fine to the GPS while connected to the PC via USB... The power failures were while I was navagating on a trip.... I'm marking these as anomilies until it happens again... :(

This is old news with these. But I'll tell you anyway just in case you don't know. With batteries in older 60cs's they would shut down with some vibration as the batteries weren't tight against contacts. They have an upgrade kit for this. It happened to me walking through the woods sometimes and they gave me a new one With the upgrade installed. Or they'll send the kit I believe. (Garmin did).

I hope this is all it is for you.

Capt.

What the...? I don't believe this!!!

I've had my 60CS for a couple of years and I have NEVER been able to get a reading from my upstairs office at home -- NEVER, EVER, EVER. It never got a strong enough signal from any satellites at all, barely up to the first graph line, and even then only one satellite, maybe two at the most, and those would jump in and out.

I just did the 4.10 firmware update and as soon as it was done, it grabbed 4 satellites within about 15 seconds and it has held strong for over 10 minutes.

What the heck did Garmin do to my GPSr?

Cool!!!!!! B):):laughing::)

Now I'm just waiting for the Mac software to be released :):)B)

What the...? I don't believe this!!!

I've had my 60CS for a couple of years and I have NEVER been able to get a reading from my upstairs office at home -- NEVER, EVER, EVER. It never got a strong enough signal from any satellites at all, barely up to the first graph line, and even then only one satellite, maybe two at the most, and those would jump in and out.

I just did the 4.10 firmware update and as soon as it was done, it grabbed 4 satellites within about 15 seconds and it has held strong for over 10 minutes.

What the heck did Garmin do to my GPSr?

Cool!!!!!! :huh::P:D:D

Now I'm just waiting for the Mac software to be released :ph34r::huh::huh:

I only wish the update to the 4.10 did the miracle sat. reception improvement that you experienced. I didn't seem to see a change in that area but I am glad to update the 4.05 beta software version I had been using.

team sidewinder

Upgraded with no problems, but oddly, while the upgrade was running, the screen said "upgrading to version 3.7." After installing, I checked, and sure enough, ver 4.10 is installed.

I happened to look down at mine, I thought it said deleting that version but not sure?