Magellan Xplorist 300 Vs. Garmin Etrex Legend

stldrummer

Esplorist 300

No Data port

No way to load a detailed map

Non triaxcial compass

You get what you pay for. For what the explorist 300 does do. maybe $50.00 is a better price

The Explorist 210 is a better GPS than the 300 and the Blue garmin legend. Next week magellan will be offering a $30.00 rebate,this would make it about $120.00 on line if you shop around.

I found an amazing deal on an Xplorist 300, but I've been planning on buying the Legend for its local mapping features. Can someone help me choose? Oh, and the xplorist is 100 dolars, while the Legend is 140.

You can buy a cable for approx $17 to download waypoints into the 300 or hack it if you are good with tools.

Esplorist 300

No Data port

No way to load a detailed map

Non triaxcial compass

You get what you pay for. For what the explorist 300 does do. maybe $50.00 is a better price

The Explorist 210 is a better GPS than the 300 and the Blue garmin legend. Next week magellan will be offering a $30.00 rebate,this would make it about $120.00 on line if you shop around.

i own a explorist 210 and a etrex vista. my geocaching friend uses a legend.

for me its an eternal struggle between the 210 and the legend(i perfer over the vista). they are both very capable. i dont see how you can go wrong.

I found an amazing deal on an Xplorist 300, but I've been planning on buying the Legend for its local mapping features. Can someone help me choose? Oh, and the xplorist is 100 dolars, while the Legend is 140.

You should be able to find the Legend for $120 if you shop around. Don't buy the eXplorist. You will tire quickly of manually entering waypoints.

i agree stay away from the 300, no data, i started with the 200 and i quickley wish i could download waypoints directly. i upgraded to the 210, which has data port and has worked great for me. Magellan came out with the 210 in aug for geocaching, so it works well, can load loc and gpx files including hints directly.

I just bought my garmin etrex Legend last week on a whim. since I had another garmin Product I wanted to get a handheld that used the same software(mapsource US TOPO). A day or two later I found Geocache.com. the unit will tell me it is accurate to 15 ft. But I will find the cache right where the Legend tells me it is. The Legend seems to be very accurate. I love that little unit. :rolleyes: