Group Recruitment: Wax Statuettes Machines

This is a category proposal i had awhile ago and wasn't able to get a picture of one of the wax statues until recently to show what they were.

131426303_0ab8c2c070.jpg

Wax statuette machines were fairly popular at tourist hotspots in the 80s and early 90s but have slowly dwindled away as the less expensive, and easier to collect penny smashers came into being.

Essentially wax statuette machines were large machines that you could make small wax statues. The statues varied depending on where you got them, zoos usually had animals, but other places had other objects as well.

Waymark creator would need to provide a picture of the items the machine makes (if there are more than one machine only one waymark is necessary, can do alternate coords), get coords, provide the cost of making a statue, provide name of the place the waymark resides in, provide hours of the place it is in, and any additional cost that might be associated with getting into the spot.

Visitors would just need to visit, since the pictures are already proivded, I see no reason why a picture needs to be there. But I would allow waymarkers to require this proof if they want it.

If anyone is interested in joining this group to get this into a waymark just head to the group page and join.

If anyone has ideas how to make this category better, please post thoughts in this thread.

I was going to let this one die if I was the only one interested in such a group, but RJMK (or is it RMJK?) joined the group after the email started working again so we only need one more officer and I'll give the thread a bump!

Mold-a-Rama .... I had to google for a few minutes to find the name that I knew for these. I remember them at Brookfield Zoo and the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. I found a "vintage" machine for sale for $9500.

I hope someone else signs up - I'd love to see waymarks for current machines.

~J of TeamRJMK~

Mold-a-Rama .... I had to google for a few minutes to find the name that I knew for these. I remember them at Brookfield Zoo and the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. I found a "vintage" machine for sale for $9500.

I hope someone else signs up - I'd love to see waymarks for current machines.

Oh man I can't believe you found the name for em!!! A few months ago when I was trying to explain em I couldn't for the life of me remember it or find it. Mold-o-Rama sounds right to me. I sadly don't even know where many are anymore (Ford Museum has some when I went a couple years ago) unfortunately they are being replaced by the coin smashers, the whole reason I wanted this category was because of this reason... would be nice to be able to find em again.

Thanks RJMK for the research that apparantly I am inept at doing lol!