Sharpen Your Pencils

Jeremy

A blog entry popped up today that hints at a location-based ARG in the works - potentially being launched in the next couple of weeks. The interesting tidbit is that clues will be found at different locations about the planet.

(disclaimer: Groundspeak has nothing to do with this project)

My thought is that geocachers could dominate this promotion. What do you guys think? And if we were to, say, organize ourselves to dominate this promotion, would you guys be interested?

My thought is that geocachers could dominate this promotion. What do you guys think? And if we were to, say, organize ourselves to dominate this promotion, would you guys be interested?

Count me in, I'm all up for world DOMINATION.

May not have the tech savy but I'll brute force my way through anything.

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap.

Alternate Reality Game

Come on guys. Get with the program :D

I tried alternate reality a few times in college. It wasn't really my thing; I preferred a more mellow buzz. :D I'm all for anything that will allow geocaching to continue the efforts at world domination, but hope I don't have to watch a TV show that both confuses and bores me to particiapate. :D

Now if there was a CSI option I'd be all over it.

I tried alternate reality a few times in college. It wasn't really my thing; I preferred a more mellow buzz. :D I'm all for anything that will allow geocaching to continue the efforts at world domination, but hope I don't have to watch a TV show that both confuses and bores me to particiapate. :D

Now if there was a CSI option I'd be all over it.

There we go! If CSI and CBS were to put one of these together, I think there would be a much larger following than lost.

Maybe CSI and CBS should look into that. Their rating would skyrocket off the charts!

And Geocaching would get a more followers, and maybe better caches and puzzles.

Make it a CSI GeoCache, where the clues are seen every week.

BTW did anyone catch the CSI clue in CSI-NY last night?

I did! :D

Edited by Drgnsrealm

Sounds like fun...I love Lost. But really, there should be a caching related Alias game. Caching is so Alias-ish!

"Alias" often reminds me of geocaching - especially that episode where Sydney and Dixon were searching for that underground Rambaldi cache - they even had GPS receivers. But GPS has come up often on that show.

'Course, you should know that "Lost" is from the same production company - JJ Abrams "Bad Robot" productions, and "Lost" often brings to mind geocaching, as well. If Abrams isn't a cacher, he should be.

Anyway, speaking of "Alias," there is already an excellent "Alias" cache out there, which I highly recommend:

Rambaldi Mystery

...check it out! :rolleyes:

I'm an old cynical media hag. I'd be more inclined to wait a while and see how commercialized it is, how controll-y the network is about it, and whether it's well planned. Do they have any experienced cachers on-staff or are they trying to re-invent the wheel? Might not want to be associated with it if it's going to be a boondoggle or a giant product placement scheme. I wonder if some longtime cachers could contact them and see what kind of welcome you get.

Sounds like something out of my league.

Another link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060426/wr_nm/media_lost_game_dc

The first clues for the "Lost Experience," as the game is known, will be shown on May 2 during the program's broadcast on Britain's Channel 4, May 3 on ABC and May 4 on Australia's Seven Network. Singapore's Channel 5 and Star India are among the others participating.

A blog entry popped up today that hints at a location-based ARG in the works - potentially being launched in the next couple of weeks. The interesting tidbit is that clues will be found at different locations about the planet.

(disclaimer: Groundspeak has nothing to do with this project)

What is an ARG :)

I quit watching Lost, but have a friend who listens to podcasts on the show, visits tons of sites etc. I bet she would be all over this and if GPS becomes involved, I will help her. I will pass the info on to her! :)

Edited by carleenp

I quit watching Lost, but have a friend who listens to podcasts on the show, visits tons of sites etc. I bet she would be all over this and if GPS becomes involved, I will help her. I will pass the info on to her! :)

My daughter's on all the websites about it. She's the one who realized that the commercial was the clue; I was clueless.