Any Idea Where To Find This?

Henki

We're looking for a plastic plesiasaur (dinosaur that looks like Loch Ness Monster) to turn into a TB. So far I've either found really big ones which won't fit into caches in this area, or I've found really tiny ones. I'm looking for something 2" - 4" long, something that would be a good size bug.

I've searched the internet and haven't been able to turn one up yet. Any clues where to look?

Edited to correct my mistake of confusing a plesiasaur with a parasarolophus :anicute:

Edited by Henki

Google as I might, I didn't find one, (there's a limit to how long I will search google) but I did find out that it's a common belief that Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster is considered to probably be a plesiasaur. Why don't you try the Nessie gift shops online? See if they have one that looks like what you need. I saw a plushie Nessie with an offspring that was kind of cute.

PLESIOSAUR toys for sale search

lead to

http://www.linkandpinhobbies.com/dinotoys.htm#top

which offers a t-rex and ple for about $15

also further down the page is a clearance on 2" items that includes a plesiosaur

also further down are some chocolate ones, really not much for a cache but what a neat treat for the little dino-phile

there may be more plesiosaur items as well, good luck

Google as I might, I didn't find one, (there's a limit to how long I will search google) but I did find out that it's a common belief that Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster is considered to probably be a plesiasaur. Why don't you try the Nessie gift shops online? See if they have one that looks like what you need. I saw a plushie Nessie with an offspring that was kind of cute.

We want it because my daughter’s really into sea monsters. We want it to travel to areas with sea monster sightings. I looked into the Nessie stuff, but they’re look too big. Big caches in the New Orleans area are harder to find than living dinosaurs! We'd have to release it someplace else.

PLESIOSAUR toys for sale search

lead to

http://www.linkandpinhobbies.com/dinotoys.htm#top

which offers a t-rex and ple for about $15

also further down the page is a clearance on 2" items that includes a plesiosaur

also further down are some chocolate ones, really not much for a cache but what a neat treat for the little dino-phile

there may be more plesiosaur items as well, good luck

Excellent; thanks!

My only caution to you is to be aware that with your extensive search, and money for purchase and postage, I've had TB's go missing on the very first placement.

If you are active in your local caching association, you may want to ask a local cacher get the TB started and take a few digital pics for the TB web site. That way, your daughter can see that there are many very awesome cachers in the world who love to help TB's to make their goals.