Why Is Wm18 Unavailable?

The title says it all really. Since submitting the waymark, Dunston Pillar, and getting an enthusiastic e-mail back I have heard nothing, despite three or four requests for info, it is still not available. So, what is the reason?

What category was it placed in? When was it listed? Some categories have been "abandoned" and have not been moved to groups yet for management. With this information it will help identify the problem.

What category was it placed in? When was it listed? Some categories have been "abandoned" and have not been moved to groups yet for management. With this information it will help identify the problem.

It is in Landlocked Lighthouses and was listed 8/16/05. It doesn't show in the lists, but if you look for wm18 it does.

The title says it all really. Since submitting the waymark, Dunston Pillar, and getting an enthusiastic e-mail back I have heard nothing, despite three or four requests for info, it is still not available. So, what is the reason?

The category owner is currently on vacation, which could be why you're not getting any response. My suggestion would be to try emailing him again next week and see what happens. Hopefully it's just a glitch and it'll be fixed shortly.

And I can follow Hard Oiler's link; you may want to try his suggestion again.

[

The category owner is currently on vacation, which could be why you're not getting any response. My suggestion would be to try emailing him again next week and see what happens. Hopefully it's just a glitch and it'll be fixed shortly.

And I can follow Hard Oiler's link; you may want to try his suggestion again.

I have no problem getting to the right page, but when I click update I get the listing denied response.

I have emailed the category owner a number of times since submitting the waymark.

Yes! I am so happy that this mystery got solved. I approved the waymark way back when, and did not know why it didn't show up in the directory. I did not notice that it wasn't enabled as being "active."

There should be a way for the category managers to see the waymarks that are inactive. As a volunteer cache reviewer I am used to having that ability for unpublished caches that are disabled, so that experience confused me.

I think this is the coolest waymark in my category. :laughing: