Advice On An Unusual Email Please

D_Skids

Hi.

I got the following email through Geocaching.com the other day (I have left the persons name out for confidentiality)

hi, sorry im new to all this, found my first cache today with someone who is signed up and he said that you can find out what people leave and take from the cache, and you can view this on this site, so i was just wondering how you find this out???

Very sorry to bother you

Thanks

Maybe I am being far too paranoid but surely somebody who has signed up to geocaching.com would know how to see what has been taken and left and I am more concerned that they have contacted me (why me? :D ).

I have responded to this person (through geocaching) but have said that I am a bit dubious although I answered their question.

So far they have not replied back to me which I thought was a bit impolite after helping them out (although they could be on holiday I guess).

Anyway has anybody else been contacted in this way? As I am wondering if it is somebody phishing for email addresses. (I held back my email address when replying)

Many Thanks

Darren (D_Skids)

you can find out what people leave and take from the cache, and you can view this on this site, so i was just wondering how you find this out???

Just how do you find it out??? :D

I would doubt if the enquiry is sinister but think you were absolutely right to be careful how your replied. It will be interesting to see if you are eventually thanked. If not maybe it was sinister!

sorry but would`nt there friend have the answers seeing it was them who took them geocaching and is a member of this site?

:D

Thats what I thought.

In response to John Stead who asked how do you find this out for what is taken and left, the only way I know is to look at the logs and see what people have said they have taken and left :D

In response to John Stead who asked how do you find this out for what is taken and left, the only way I know is to look at the logs and see what people have said they have taken and left :P

And that is what I thought! Thanks for responding - it would be nice if we had some magic way! :)

Every now and then I'll get an email that way asking for some kind of help or another. What I find is that they read my logs, or my posts and based on something I've said they decide that I might know the answer to their question.

I've always found the questions have been on the up and up.

I have done that before.