Can I Pick Someone To Help Me Manage My Waymarking Category?

When I come back from a long holiday weekend I must of had a dozen waymarkings waiting to be review.

This got me to thinking how it maybe nice to have some help at times.

Could I pick someone to help me manage my categroy?

The reason I ask if I could pick someone is because I would like to pick the person that seems to have a lot of interest in the category.

I don't know if they would even be interested, but I would like to find out and I thought it would be best if I ask here first to see if this is even a option.

Edited by Milbank

When I come back from a long holiday weekend I must of had a dozen waymarkings waiting to be review.

This got me to thinking how it maybe nice to have some help at times.

Could I pick someone to help me manage my categroy?

The reason I ask if I could pick someone is because I would like to pick the person that seems to have a lot of interest in the category.

I don't know if they would even be interested, but I would like to find out and I thought it would be best if I ask here first to see if this is even a option.

What you are asking for is the part of the reason for groups, which will be required for all categories within a few months and is required for all new categories now. You have to option of inviting who you want to join your group or having open enrollment. You will need to have 2 officers in addition to yourself. The officers will have the capability to approve waymarks and other "rights" you grant them.

edit

cache_test_dummies types faster than me :D

Edited by BruceS

You can also create a group, set it to open enrollment, and paste the URL to the group in the forums to encourage people to join. You can then choose from your group who you wish to promote to an officer to help manage it.

Thats great!

I got the group set up and sent a invitation to the member I think maybe interested in helping.

I also have it set up for open enrollment, I think. :D

Would this then be the link I would use that others could just click and join?

South Dakota Historic Markers Group

So the guy I want to help joined the group and I then made him a officer.

He say's that he does not see anything different and he is not getting emails saying someone submitted a waymark.

Should he be getting the same emails I get saying someone submitted a waymark?

The last two waymarks submitted were his own, does that make any difference?

Edited by Milbank

So the guy I want to help joined the group and I then made him a officer.

He say's that he does not see anything different and he is not getting emails saying someone submitted a waymark.

Should he be getting the same emails I get saying someone submitted a waymark?

The last two waymarks submitted were his own, does that make any difference?

He won't start getting the emails until the group has adopted the category.

Before the group can adopt the category, you must have 2 officers in addition to the leader.

Edited by cache_test_dummies