Group Deletion & Creation Woes

Cannot currently create a new group... think it might be because I may have too many... (is there a limit?) I accidently created a couple when I first was playing with the group feature and I no longer want these, anyone know a way to delete groups? Also is it just me that can't seem to create groups anymore? Used to be a link in both the My Categories and My Groups and now I can't find it in either.

OK think I figured out that it is because I am leader in 5 groups and apparantly that is the limit that someone can have... however, I still have 2 that I am leader of that I don't even want, maybe more... only have 2 real groups, the others I'm just sort of playing around with getting ideas down... is there no group deletion feature?

Shouldn't we be allowed in more than 5 groups, but only be leader in 5? Seems strange to me. Chapterhouse has a group called 'Shadows' which doesn't(and won't) manage a category.

Edit: You can't step down when you don't have any officers in your group. At least I don't see the 'quit this group' button.

Edited by Dew Crew

My suggestion offer the two you do not want up to another officer and you drop down from leader and then you can create new categories.

The problem here is that the two groups that I want to get rid of are called "Video Games" and "Video Arcades" and then the third that I have that I want to keep is "Video Game Arcades" (see the problem I was having yet? LOL) Video Game Arcades is the group that is managing Video Arcades... Now the question becomes what premium member wants to have to be stuck with these groups? It'd be fine if I could rename the groups to the name I want but it is not so=/

Let me see if I have this correct...

Right now you have, let's say three Groups and this is what you want to do...

1... Video Games - You wish to Disband and Archive the Group

2... Video Arcades - You wish to Disband and Archive the Group

3... Video Game Arcades - You want to keep this one and run a Category from it

Is that correct?

For fun, I decided to see what I could do to get out of one of mine... can't do it on one that is Managing a Category. The only thing I could do is demote myself.. but the Group remains.

BUT.. if you have not completed getting a Category listed, you can select the GROUP DETAILS for that Group and select "Click here if your Group is not interested in managing a Category".. I wouldn't click it to find out, but maybe that would do something.

:D The Blue Quasar

Is that correct?

For fun, I decided to see what I could do to get out of one of mine... can't do it on one that is Managing a Category. The only thing I could do is demote myself.. but the Group remains.

BUT.. if you have not completed getting a Category listed, you can select the GROUP DETAILS for that Group and select "Click here if your Group is not interested in managing a Category".. I wouldn't click it to find out, but maybe that would do something.

:D The Blue Quasar

I clicked to see what happens, and you still have a link at the bottom of the details page "click here if your group would like to manage a category"

Is that correct?

You got it correct... and the "not interested in managing a category" thing does nothing but move the link to the bottom of the screen lol I bet it is meant to do something more in the future that they just haven't implemented... maybe to allow you to create a group that wouldn't count against your total but would allow you to have a group to just chat and such. This sadly would solve a lot of my issues (though I still see no point in having a group that I don't want, but at least it wouldn't count against me).

There really seems to be no way to get rid of a group... once created... someone somewhere is going to have it count against their total and I think only premium members right now so I can't even create a faulty account to move it there without paying an extra $3. (which though is not much money seems like a waste)

<SNIP>I bet it is meant to do something more in the future that they just haven't implemented... maybe to allow you to create a group that wouldn't count against your total but would allow you to have a group to just chat and such. This sadly would solve a lot of my issues<SNIP>

It may already be doing this. Can you create a new group yet?

Edited by Dew Crew

<SNIP>I bet it is meant to do something more in the future that they just haven't implemented... maybe to allow you to create a group that wouldn't count against your total but would allow you to have a group to just chat and such. This sadly would solve a lot of my issues<SNIP>

It may already be doing this. Can you create a new group yet?

Nop