Diffrent Caching Websites

i an confussed please can you help me. i have just done a cache inside the cache was a piggyback for another near by cache. but the cache is not listed on the Groundspeak website it is an another site called naviecache.com. i have made an account with the new site in order to log my visit. but how do i redgister it with Groundspeak as now my cache count is wrong.

please help an confused lmn

i an confussed please can you help me. i have just done a cache inside the cache was a piggyback for another near by cache. but the cache is not listed on the Groundspeak website it is an another site called naviecache.com. i have made an account with the new site in order to log my visit. but how do i redgister it with Groundspeak as now my cache count is wrong.

You don't.

This other site is totally independent from Groundspeak and if someone wants to only list a cache there it is no concern of Groundspeak. Your cache count here only refers to caches listed on Geocaching.com so it is not wrong.

just had a little look at that site, seems to me its equivelant of beta versus vhs!! i.e there is just no comparison! beta never took off!

Except that Beta gave you a much, much better visual experience. So I think it's more like MS-DOS versus Macintosh: really no comparison.

Oh wait, remember what happened after that... :D

just had a little look at that site, seems to me its equivelant of beta versus vhs!! i.e there is just no comparison!

What, you mean all the professional cachers use navicache but Dixons have stopped selling geocaching.com?

Betamax and Digital Betamax is still going strong, next time you see a TV crew doing an outdoor broadcast have a look at their cameras, they won't be VHS....

Anyways, whether you like navicache or not its good to have more than one cache listing site. Monopolies suck.

I've just looked at Navicache.com and the only caches within reasonable distance to me are also listed on Geocaching.com anyway. Doesn't seem much point using a site that has few UK caches and nothing really new to offer.

Betamax and Digital Betamax is still going strong, next time you see a TV crew doing an outdoor broadcast have a look at their cameras, they won't be VHS....

Actually you're mixing your Beta's up :yikes:

What broadcasters use is the format Betacam SP, which is nothing like Betamax, although it's rooted in the same technology. They now use DigiBetacam rather than the analogue version when using the Betacam format.

More stuff is now shot with DVCam now though.

Sorry, I wandered off topic a bit there :anicute: