60c Geocaching Mode Help

I attempted to use the geocaching mode on my Garmin 60c for the first time today. However, when I hit the "GO TO" button on the waypoint information page, it would automatically caculate a route and give me driving directions instead of taking me to the geo navigation compass page. Even if I used the "PAGE" button and went to the compass page, It would be the normal compass page, not the geocache navigation compass page with the "FOUND" "NOTE" and "STOP" buttons on the bottom. To answer your first questions before you ask, I did have the geocache waypoint symbol assigned to the caches I tried to find, and I did access the cache waypoints by hitting the "FIND" button, and then selecting the "Geocache" symbol on the page. From what I read in the manual, this should put me in geocaching mode.

So, what could I be doing wrong? Is there perhaps a setting that should be changed to prevent the 60c from automatically calculating a route from the geocaching page? Do I just have a defective unit? By the way, I did reload the software when I got home tonight, but I still have the same problem. Can anyone out there help me with this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

Team DaSH

You need to set the unit to prompt you to "Follow Road" or go "Off Road"

Press:

Menu > Menu > Setup > Routing

Change to drop down boxes for "Guidance Method" and "Follow Road Method" to read "Prompted".

Then when you navigate, the unit will pop up a question asking you whether you want to follow road or go off road.

This is for a Legend Cx, but looking at the 60C manual, the key sequence looks the same.

Hope this helps.

Adrian