Pocket Query Query

BigBadger & Li'l SG

I joined the premium membership to help support this site and get Pocket Queries. I am new to the sport and am looking to streamline my method of attack on my somewhat cumbersome bundle of softwares and electronic goodies.

I have tried to get the pocket queries based on location, etc. but have not been emailed the zipped .GPX file yet. I know I can look at the query on a web page but then I'm just getting .LOC files, Yes? No?

2 days in a row I have been disappointed to not find the email. I read that they are created with a dedicated machine and sent in order of que... have I misunderstood something?

Is there any way to get the file sent immediately? Then sent on a weekly basis as this seems to be the norm.

On your query page, which day did you select under Days to Generate? I can usually click on today's date and have the e-mail in my inbox within the hour.

And yes, if you look at the queries on the web page it's only in .loc.

Also, is the Output to this account's email address box checked?

Yes to both of your points. I wasnt sure if it was actually creating something so I did check the page view and I had narrowed my query too much... so unchecked a few boxes and now have a definitive query with results. Waited overnight and still no email.

Anything else I might have missed?

Also, is the Output to this account's email address box checked?

Yes to both of your points. I wasnt sure if it was actually creating something so I did check the page view and I had narrowed my query too much... so unchecked a few boxes and now have a definitive query with results. Waited overnight and still no email.

Anything else I might have missed?

Doing it to me too.ran a pq yeaterday and got it ran two at 12:00 est today and still waiting for them to get delivered. :anitongue:

Make sure the PQ isn't getting trapped in a SPAM filter.

A few days ago somone was having this problem, so they got a Yahoo! email account and had the PQs sent to that "alternate email address."

The PQs arrived just fine to the new address.

I don't think thats the problem. thay have never been generated

as the top 3 I did as 12:00est.today

Name Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Last Generated (PST)

Preview (500) New Query1 Never

Preview (500) New Query2 Never

Preview (500) New Query3 Never

Preview (100) New Query 4/15/2006 6:40:18 PM

Preview (100) New Query2 4/15/2006 6:42:54 PM

Total Queries/Day 3 0 0 0 0 0 2

Edited by Buddaman

Make sure the PQ isn't getting trapped in a SPAM filter.

Nope.. the only things in my spam filter were a couple of AWESOME deals on how to make my 'unit' longer and thicker........... (now, where's that credit card?)

But seriously folks.... it's been almost 30hrs. and no PQ yet. Not much more I can do other than just wait it out... it is Easter weekend and probably pretty busy for the server.

Edited by BigBadger

I have standard queries that run daily for my area and I haven't received Sunday's yet. I did receive Saturday's queries but they seem to be a day late. Logs I entered on Friday haven't shown up in the next day's query. Also, I requested the "only once a week" Found Query this morning and haven't received it yet. Either the servers are down/slow or the e-mail process is jammed.

Okay.... I am also a bit confuzzled about a sentence in the PQ page - "*The Pocket Query can only run once every 7 days."

If you can make up to 40 of them and run it daily, why does it state this? :P

You may notice that the statement appears in the special "My finds" box, which generates a PQ consisting of all your finds.

Okay.... I am also a bit confuzzled about a sentence in the PQ page - "*The Pocket Query can only run once every 7 days."

If you can make up to 40 of them and run it daily, why does it state this? :P

The only query that can once every 7 days is the special "Finds" query, this contains every cache you have ever found whether they are archived or not. PQ's normally don't return archived caches.

The other queries can be run every day.

Jeff/5Tucks

You may notice that the statement appears in the special "My finds" box, which generates a PQ consisting of all your finds.

I figured that might be the case. So is that the same as checking the "I HAVE FOUND" box within the query parameters? As it is written It seems that the 7-day query may be unique to the check box.

I was concerned because if I had created something that I did not exactly want, I might have been stuck with it for 7 days before I could get what I really desired.

That is not the same as checking that box. The special PQ at the bottom of the list only generates your logs on those caches.

Have you checked to see if the PQ was generated? It appears that PQs stopped generating some time after 1:00AM Sunday PST. No word on the other thread about that as yet.

I have a daily PQ that stopped running (last run on the 15th). In contrast a weekly PQ ran today just fine. So something appears to be broken somewhere.

Not necessarily. It sounds like there's still a backlog from whatever was happening on Sunday. If your PQ ran recently (the 15th, for example), it will have a lower priority than a PQ that last ran a week ago. And both of those will have a lower priority than a brand new PQ that has never run.

I needed 9 pocket queries for a week long trip I'm taking tomorrow. On one of them, I made a mistake and got the wrong results. When I corrected the error and asked it to run again, the query didn't run for two days because it had ran on Saturday. So, I just deleted that one, started over again from scratch with a new query, and it arrived on a relatively normal schedule a few hours later.

Your daily PQ is being pushed down the priority ladder. Either work with slightly stale data, re-jigger the query so it doesn't run on days when you don't need it, or create multiple queries with the same parameters, but which run on different days.

I had the problem that three PQs I usually just modify the Zip code and run the query again after changing the name. I never had deleted the PQ before. These 3 PQs had been scheduled for last monday and never had run.

I deleted the PQs and made new ones and they ran immediate. Sounds like some Que got busted somewhere.

I'm still waiting for PQ's that I created on Friday!!!! does any know what's going on?

coinneach

For some reason when it updated your account it removed the fact that you agreed to the waypoint license agreement. I fixed it for you.

If you have any issues with your account in the future, email the contact address. This really isn't the best way to get your customer service questions answered.

Edited by Jeremy

I had the problem that three PQs I usually just modify the Zip code and run the query again after changing the name. I never had deleted the PQ before. These 3 PQs had been scheduled for last monday and never had run.

I deleted the PQs and made new ones and they ran immediate. Sounds like some Que got busted somewhere.

I still get my weekly ones i normally do. as well as 4 i created today for a trip on going on. they all showed up in my email box within 20 minutes.

No Probs.

I'm still waiting for PQ's that I created on Friday!!!! does any know what's going on?

coinneach

For some reason when it updated your account it removed the fact that you agreed to the waypoint license agreement. I fixed it for you.

If you have any issues with your account in the future, email the contact address. This really isn't the best way to get your customer service questions answered.

Sorry being new to all this wasn't sure what was going on. Thanks for fixing it.

coinneach