Anyone Else Have This Problem...

Methinks hubbie's getting annoyed with me. We went to London yesterday, and had a great day caching. We've got special offer train tickets at present - anywhere on First Great Western for a fiver, so we're going out again on Monday.

However - every time hubbie suggests somewhere to go (other than London or Oxford), I find myself thinking - 'what's the point of going there, there's hardly any caches we could do without the car!'

Since I started this hobby, it seems to have been impossible to contemplate a day out without finding a cache. Even at work, I was sent away on a conference, and my first thought was to put the hotel's postcode in and do a search!

So - am I too obsessed, or do other people do this too?!

Aaaargh...

Methinks hubbie's getting annoyed with me. We went to London yesterday, and had a great day caching. We've got special offer train tickets at present - anywhere on First Great Western for a fiver, so we're going out again on Monday.

However - every time hubbie suggests somewhere to go (other than London or Oxford), I find myself thinking - 'what's the point of going there, there's hardly any caches we could do without the car!'

Since I started this hobby, it seems to have been impossible to contemplate a day out without finding a cache. Even at work, I was sent away on a conference, and my first thought was to put the hotel's postcode in and do a search!

So - am I too obsessed, or do other people do this too?!

Aaaargh...

Na, totally normal..... :tired:

But it will get worse! <_<

Whatever you do don't take those tablets...

They're commin'to take you away Ha Ha Hee Hee Ha Ha..... <_<

Cheers

Dave

I'm the same - caching has become an addiction!

.....this afternoon I asked the family if any of them wanted to spend a night with me up a mountain photographing the sky so I could claim the International Space Station Cache. I just got a load of blank looks! I think they've finally given up on me..... the things we do for a cache eh?! <_<

They'll get used to it. Just been on a holiday in NZ (so that's why he's up at midnight!).

The morning routine was to find out where we were going and then find the nearest caches. Apart from some hotspots, (Auckland) though, there are few cachers or caches around and we got two FTF on caches set over a year ago <_< .

I do exactly the same...

I have the choice of three conferences at the moment, and there's funding for me to go to 2... what do I do... ??

Instead of looking at the speakers and workshops, I lookat where each is and see how accesible the nearest caches are!!!

Needless to say, I chose the two that have caches nearer to the hotel!!

Nah. All sounds perfectly normal to me.

My job takes me around the country (and sometimes abroad) - one of the first things I do is find out where the nearest caches are. In fact I'm off to find some this afternoon in Torquay - and to introduce another of my colleagues to the joys of caching!!! :anitongue:

I'm pushing for a May trip to Mallorca (or Majorca, if you prefer) to review a webmasters show there. But I've had to ask myself, is it really the show, sand, sea or sun I want to go for...? :anitongue:

Mar y Pins comes highly recommended by FewKinder and myself. Lets say that its a three minute scramble to the gorgeous naturist beach which has a superb fish restaurant at the back of the cove. There are very few places that combine three of my top obsessions:

• a well hidden fun geocache
  • a lovely place to fill the stomach with first class fresh fish food
  • a spot to get that all-over tan in clear blue water

so lets hear it for COMBINED OBSESSIONS!

I get given where I am working (normally the other end of the country), see what caches are about and then look for a hotel. The job seems to come second.

Oh, and don't forget about the long drive there and back, safety says I must stop every now and then. I can normally fit a couple in then (thats why I love the motorway mayhem series, quick easy caches - suit and smart shoe friendly).