No Group Managers

I was wondering about what is going to happen if various waymark categories (of which there seems to still be quite a few) are not changed over from the old system of individual management to group management. What is going to happen to those categories? There are still quite a few yet to be done and therefore does that mean that on the 1st June or whenever it was , that they will be scraped or will Groundspeak open them up for whoever would like to lead and form a team for those particular categories. It would be a shame to see some of them dissappear just because an individual didn't pull their finger out and move to the new system, and lots of people have made good contirbutions to some of those categories that as yet have not been changed - including one or 2 of my own. I wonder Nate if you could let us in on what Groundspeaks thoughts are regarding the deadline and beyond with those categories. <_<

I'd like to know, too.

I was wondering about what is going to happen if various waymark categories (of which there seems to still be quite a few) are not changed over from the old system of individual management to group management. What is going to happen to those categories? There are still quite a few yet to be done and therefore does that mean that on the 1st June or whenever it was , that they will be scraped or will Groundspeak open them up for whoever would like to lead and form a team for those particular categories. It would be a shame to see some of them dissappear just because an individual didn't pull their finger out and move to the new system, and lots of people have made good contirbutions to some of those categories that as yet have not been changed - including one or 2 of my own. I wonder Nate if you could let us in on what Groundspeaks thoughts are regarding the deadline and beyond with those categories. <_<

snipped-- I was wondering about what is going to happen if various waymark categories------- are not changed over ----- that they will be scraped --- or open them up for whoever-- snipped--

They will be open for adoption after June 1st..... I doubt they will be "scraped" :anitongue:

Edited by Jake39

We plan to announce the site to everyone once we hit most if the bigger bugs. It shouldn't be longer than a month or so.

We won't yank any categories away if that's what you are asking. We'll probably take each category one case at a time. So far the conversions are going very well.

We're tossing around some ideas for dealing with the situation where a Group loses its management. One would be that (after a grace period) the Group would switch to open enrollment and some members would be allowed to move in to the officer positions.

Another idea is to have a queue for abandoned categories in need of a Group. Waymarkers who want to manage a category but have no fresh ideas could browse the queue, start up a Group, and adopt one of the categories.

Since people are going to be putting effort into building a category we're not going to just archive it when the group dissolves. When you go home you don't get to take your toys with you. They belong to everyone!

Another idea is to have a queue for abandoned categories in need of a Group. Waymarkers who want to manage a category but have no fresh ideas could browse the queue, start up a Group, and adopt one of the categories.

I like that idea, with those who are still active members/ officers of the category getting first chance to adopt it. If they choose not to, then have it be up for the adoption queue.

Since people are going to be putting effort into building a category we're not going to just archive it when the group dissolves. When you go home you don't get to take your toys with you. They belong to everyone!

mmm! I do tend to agree with that line of thinking in this scenario. :D

Speaking of John, someone should waymark his cave as a cave, then again as a pictograph then as a water reservoir /hotspring.

http://www.baptistcave.org.il/eng/index.asp but bringing this back on topic I like NAte's suggestion very much

Edited by chstress53