Site Passes 10,000 Waymarks!

WOO HOO!

10K is awesome...

let's see now... I've got 80 Waymarks... that's 0.8%.... better kick it up a notch! <_<

Actually... I know that there are people out there with like 200+ Waymarks... is there some way to find out stuff like that?

Who has the most total Waymarks?

Who has placed a Waymark in the most Categories?

<_< The Blue Quasar

well, this is what i know.

i have the most waymarks, sitting at like 620. so what percentage is that?

this does include the 4-5 waymarks that are 'archived' (did not get accepted in a category)

not telling you how i know, but that is the case....

here is the top 25 section of the rankings:

rank username count

ChapterhouseInc 620

2 stoneposse 340

3 Volcanoguy 270

4 showbizkid 259

5 chstress53 240

6 LowellHouseGang 231

7 Shorelander 186

8 BruceS 156

9 deano1943 147

10 LSUMonica 131

11 Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking 129

12 tiki-4 113

13 Gosffo 106

14 Team Min Dawg 104

15 seventhings 98

15 Jake39 98

17 ODragon 97

18 Mountain_Wanderer 96

19 The Blue Quasar 80

20 GeoCraig 77

21 cache_test_dummies 76

22 BackPak 73

23 Touchstone 70

24 TheBeanTeam 63

25 Blue Man 62

Any numbers about the size of the active user community? Now that I see the top 25 are resposible for roughly 1/3rd of all waymarks, I'm curious. :)

Since we only announced it to a very small number of the geocaching population it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. Ask me again in 6 months.

Edited by Jeremy

so i logged on today and saw that 'my profile' now has 'visited' and 'owned' tabs.....now it is possible to see what others have been doing--some submit and not log, others are just logging--as we surf the site. now if the GC and WM profiles can be linked.

any way that a total can be added to the bottom of these new pages? will they ever be side-by-side, as on GC.com? or will it remain 2 seperate pages?

it seems that the site is improving and growing every day. any idea when the home page would display information such as.....

there are ...... total waymarks in.......categories in .........countries.

......new waymarks submitted by.......users in the past.......time frame

....waymarks have been logged by.......users in the........time frame

......categories are in the submittal process

and what about the email notification system? it would be nice to recieve 1 email every 'night' with a digest of Waymarking issues...could there be seperate digests? as

-a digest for all waymarks submitted to groups i am an officer in (options for each group as a digest, or a large compiling digest)

-a digest for all of 'my waymarks' that have been logged

-a weekly notification system of all new waymarks in my home area

and it has been posted in the forums that 'your favorites' can be displayed in google earth, but what about having different types of favorite groups--the ones i post waymarks in, one i want to post in, one i have visited, and one i want to visit. just a suggestion.

and how about a stat update....appears that the top 25 hasn't changed that much. still displaying the same range (above 70 waymarks). with the advent of the new 'my page' tabs maybe i can get some 'waymarks visited' stats soon......

doing what i can.....chapterhouse

rank username count

ChapterhouseInc 685

2 stoneposse 340

3 BruceS 323

4 Volcanoguy 317

5 showbizkid 314

6 LowellHouseGang 243

7 chstress53 240

8 Shorelander 237

9 deano1943 168

10 Gosffo 166

11 LSUMonica 152

12 Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking 143

13 tiki-4 113

14 Jake39 111

15 cache_test_dummies 110

16 seventhings 109

17 Team Min Dawg 107

17 ODragon 107

19 The Blue Quasar 103

20 Mountain_Wanderer 96

21 Rose Red 83

22 GeoCraig 77

23 BackPak 76

24 James1549 73

25 Touchstone 70

and how about a stat update....appears that the top 25 hasn't changed that much. still displaying the same range (above 70 waymarks). with the advent of the new 'my page' tabs maybe i can get some 'waymarks visited' stats soon......

I'm just under this threshold at 63, but if I get all of the ones posted that I have recorded, I'll be right up there. Guess I'll have to get the logging done. It is much more fun visiting them than entering them into the system.

Anyway, sounds as if Waymarking.com is off to a great start!

now if the GC and WM profiles can be linked.

I brought that up a really long time ago, ummm like last year. About half said yeas and half said no. If you want to Search for it go ahead. I could not find it after 5 pages. I would want it to happen. Like a tab next to Bookmark Lists.

now if the GC and WM profiles can be linked.

I brought that up a really long time ago, ummm like last year. About half said yeas and half said no.

Either there should be a tab off the geocaching profile, or it should be totally separate (with a different front page). I don't really care which. I assume one of these will be chosen as the site matures.

Yeah, the linking of stats between the two sites was discussed heavily a long time ago. I sort of remember that it was not really 50 - 50. It seemed like a higher percentage wanted the stats linked. It also seemed that the people who did not want the stats linked were way more vocal in their opinion. I guess it will not matter what the general opinions are, but it will end up as TPTB want it. Myself, I would think the best solution would be a way to allow people to choose if their stats were linked on the same page or totally separate. Then everyone would be happy.

Edited by Briggzz