Tb Plastic Credit Card Size Printed Goal Card?

EPMinnesota

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! ;)

Edited by EPMinnesota

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! :D

A lot of people make their own -- they just print up the info, cut it and laminate it (using either the heat laminating machines, or the simple adhesive laminating sheets you can buy at Staples), and punch a hole in it. Some people use laminated luggage cards that you can buy in the luggage section of walmart.

We just print, laminate, & punch our own. (We don't have a machine; we just use the sheets.) This post shows a picture of one of ours (front & back).

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! :D

A lot of people make their own -- they just print up the info, cut it and laminate it (using either the heat laminating machines, or the simple adhesive laminating sheets you can buy at Staples), and punch a hole in it. Some people use laminated luggage cards that you can buy in the luggage section of walmart.

We just print, laminate, & punch our own. (We don't have a machine; we just use the sheets.) This post shows a picture of one of ours (front & back).

You could use "Shrinky Dinks". Put a page or partial page in your printer. Type what you want on it, put it in the oven. Wala a plastic tag....

Edited by Ramblin Ramsey's

I have a laminator so I will probably go that route if I don't find out how this one was printed but it's the exact same size as a credit card and is the same size/weight of plastic as a credit card but isn't embossed or have the magnetic strip on the back. The black printing isn't raised but it looks soooo nice and professionally made so may have been made by a cacher who happens to be in just the right business to make up such an item.

I have a laminator so I will probably go that route if I don't find out how this one was printed but it's the exact same size as a credit card and is the same size/weight of plastic as a credit card but isn't embossed or have the magnetic strip on the back. The black printing isn't raised but it looks soooo nice and professionally made so may have been made by a cacher who happens to be in just the right business to make up such an item.

Is This What You Are Looking For?

Is This What You Are Looking For?

That's the general idea of what this card looked like except it was made exactly like a solid white credit card and everything was printed on it. For TB with no goal that will be on the road a long time I think it would hold up even better than a laminated card. I have a Xyron that takes a laminater type cartridge (basically like 2 very wide clear pieces of tape that cover the item top and bottom without any airpockets) so may use that.

I don't have the answer, but know what you mean. You can get the TB prinout on the webpage, just like you can get the geocaching rules. I think what you want to know is how to shrink them down to that size, right? Cause I was wondering how to do that, and how to print the *geocache* info smaller for micro caches.

Of coarse, once someone kindly tells us how to shrink down that printout page...I know I can go to the school section of Wlagreen's to get the laminate, and do that myself...

so, anyone know how to shrink the prinout information?? :lol:

I don't have the answer, but know what you mean. You can get the TB prinout on the webpage, just like you can get the geocaching rules. I think what you want to know is how to shrink them down to that size, right? Cause I was wondering how to do that, and how to print the *geocache* info smaller for micro caches.

Of coarse, once someone kindly tells us how to shrink down that printout page...I know I can go to the school section of Wlagreen's to get the laminate, and do that myself...

so, anyone know how to shrink the prinout information?? :lol:

I don't think that's what the OP was asking for, but here's an answer to your question: if you use the Firefox browser, then you can shrink the the TB info sheet by doing this:

-Click "Print bug sheet" on the TB page

-Select File->Print Preview

-Change "Scale" to 50% (or whatever size you want)

-Click "Print..." and print it

Apparently not all browers have this option, though.

Those type of cards are easy to do with Micrsoft Word or most any software provided you own or have access to an ID CARD PRINTER.

Many businesses and schools use these for Identification Badges. It's quite easy to setup a document and select your badge printer and print off the results. The real problem is that DataCard, Fargo, MagiCard, Zebra and many of other brands of these printers are typically priced at $1000 and UP. Then you need the $30-$40 ribbon (100 cards or so) and the plastic card which are only about 25 cents each. The printers require periodic cleaning and the cards must be handled carefully as fingerprints keep the thermal ink from adhering to the cards.

Another fun aspect is that each time you turn the printer off and then on, it will use a portion of the one-time use ribbon to reset the printer, even if you don't print a card.

I sure don't have the funds to buy one of these printers but doing a web search will turn up any number of places that will gladly sell you one.

I use the travel tags found in craft stores (various sizes) as a backing, print off the TB information, cut to size then laminate it using lamination sheets purchased from the office supply store.

Doesn't take much effort. I create them while watching TV.

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! :huh:

I love a good mystery.

Of course I got curious about the TB itself. You did not mention (or at least I didn't see) the name of the TB. I went to your profile and of course it was not any of the TB's you have or moved. So I figured you saw this TB, and decided not to take it because you could not help it to it's destination. You say you found it this week which would put the date within about 5 days of your post date. On 4/9/06 you visited a cache called Pine Island 1. The TB history of this cache showed one of the TB's as getting a new mission tag. That TB was called "BEEZLE". on 3/21/03 this TB was picked up by BCROCKCRAWLER,XSTITCHER,&BMXer in British Columbia. It appears they are the ones that gave it the new tag you speak of. Their occupations are Electrician, Food Service & Student. The tag looks to me to be made from a machine that produces company ID tags that you hang on your neck. Here is the link to the log page and the profile page. You could email them from the profile page.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?l...8d-81858a9d9778

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=a6...cf-ff85b431c316

Of course, now I'm just curious if I'm right and how Beezle is doing.

The tb that had the plastic card attached is Top-Flite Golf ball. Top-Flite Ball tb The white plastic card is not shown in the picture. The owner of that tb said the plastic card was added later by someone who picked it up so he doesn't know anything about it. I have placed the tb but I'll try to go take a picture of it before it moves along. It is not a laminated card. It is exactly like a credit card, hard, not bendable, and not covered with anything. I appreciate the other suggestions and solutions to adding a tag to a tb but am particularly interested in finding out how to do this one.

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! :laughing:

Depending on your volume of tags you want to produce you might want to consider printable foil. There is a foil available that can be directly placed into laser printers or copiers. The printed result is absolutely water-proof.

One source for the stuff is here: Waterproof Copy Film

Olaf

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! :(

:( cool idea ide say put that in the log for the bug &watch it ide like 2 know to!

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! :)

:) cool idea ide say put that in the log for the bug &watch it ide like 2 know to!

so my guys said use "dive slates get big 1 cut tow make more"or thay sale blank credit cards thay are still look for info " i will post it

lighthouse

Well, you can clearly see the tag mentioned in several of the log pictures, including some of the very early logs. The earliest log with an included picture of the TB with the tag is this one so at least that narrows it down to 3 cachers who've logged it between release and appearance of the tag. Of course, who knows if the chacher who added the card actually logged it, but I'd vote that yes, anyone that considerate probably logged.

Edited by BubbleDragon

We recently picked up a tb this week that had a credit card size white plastic goal card attached to it along with the tb tag. On the card was printed in black the Owner, Release Date, Origin, Current Goal as well as the TB tracking number. It has a hole punched in it so it could attach to the tb and tag. This seems like the perfect goal card for a travel bug since it is durable and a great size. I contacted the owner of the tb and he said someone else had placed that new goal card on it. I could contact each and every one of the people who have been in contact with the tb but I really hate to go that route. Does anyone have any idea how or where to get something like this printed? THANKS! :blink:

Yea, I recently found Artichoke Head Tb (a neat TB by the Hermit Crabs). The first thing I noticed was how great the goal card looked. You two did a great job.