Geocache Based On A Book?

Hey guys,

Would you consider it acceptable to base a cache on an historical fiction book written by a local author if 1) people are not required to buy a copy of the book or 2) even required to read the book in order to solve the puzzle?

I would feel obligated to reference the title and author of the book in order to avoid plagiarism issues, but I wouldn't go any further than that in promoting places where it could be purchased, etc.

Rivercacher

Lynchburg, VA

I think if you simply state on the cache page that the cache was inspired by My Life Story by rivercacher, and then go into the cache description you will be fine. However if you continue with it's the best book I have ever read, and it can be purchased at rivercachermom's bookstore located at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, you may have a problem getting it listed.

Hmmmm....

What's the concensus on this: what if I had people go to the free website for my own book, and used parts of the free excerpt to form clues to find a cache? The cache would be otherwise unrelated to the book - and could be found without the clues.

No one would be required or even asked to buy a copy (although they could do so from that site).

Thoughts?