Am I The Only One?

wandat24

Lots of women cachers in SW Ohio, though of course they are outnumbered by men. Or maybe, not so much outnumbered, but we are not able to invest the time that the men do.

Before I go caching on a weekday, I make breakfast, pack lunches, start washer, take son to school, move wet wash to dryer, do some cleaning, make essential phone calls,and who knows what else. (Clean fridge, mop floor, scrub bathrooms, etc.) And somewhere in there I have to download waypoints and print off cache pages (although I am trying to go paperless) THEN I get to go out. But I have to be back at school to pick up son by 3pm, then there might be TKD, always homework, make dinner, fold laundry, finish up some chores, pay bills maybe, and find time to get back on computer to log finds. And this is only SOME of what I have to accomplish. Oh, and husband and son like to enjoy a few minutes of my company if I can fit them in!

And I am not bashing men. My husband does dishes every night, vacuums the whole house, and does all the yard work. And he encourages me to go caching. He says the dust can wait for a rainy day.

But I do think certain traditional roleplaying keeps women from caching as much as their male counterparts.

Lots of women cachers in SW Ohio, though of course they are outnumbered by men. Or maybe, not so much outnumbered, but we are not able to invest the time that the men do.

Before I go caching on a weekday, I make breakfast, pack lunches, start washer, take son to school, move wet wash to dryer, do some cleaning, make essential phone calls,and who knows what else. (Clean fridge, mop floor, scrub bathrooms, etc.) And somewhere in there I have to download waypoints and print off cache pages (although I am trying to go paperless) THEN I get to go out. But I have to be back at school to pick up son by 3pm, then there might be TKD, always homework, make dinner, fold laundry, finish up some chores, pay bills maybe, and find time to get back on computer to log finds. And this is only SOME of what I have to accomplish. Oh, and husband and son like to enjoy a few minutes of my company if I can fit them in!

And I am not bashing men. My husband does dishes every night, vacuums the whole house, and does all the yard work. And he encourages me to go caching. He says the dust can wait for a rainy day.

But I do think certain traditional roleplaying keeps women from caching as much as their male counterparts.

yup I have to agree with ya there!

this is cool I am still getting replies on this :) . I'll check it for a while, again

Edited by wandat24