New Version Of Acme Mapper

As I was cleaning out some of my old GPS "Favorites" links this morning, I came across the ACME Mapper link. I hadn't used it in a long time so I opened it to discover the new "ACME Mapper - Version 2.0". After playing with it for a while I was PLEASANTLY surprised.

WOW! The new version is VERY geocaching friendly. It now uses GOOGLE Maps instead of TerraServer (black and white) so it has all the color features of GOOGLE Maps plus lots of neat geocaching-related features. The cross-hairs in the center of the screen are "active" and show coordinates for the map (or satellite photo). If you want coordinates for a point you simply click-and-drag the map point TO the crosshairs and the coordinates show in the box at the bottom of the display.

You can copy-and-paste cache coordinates directly from a cache description page into the available field on AcmeMapper and click the Find button to check out a cache location on a map or satellite photo or a "hybrid" combination. The Links button at the bottom of the pop-up panel has several geocaching-related links, including Find Nearest Caches and Benchmarks. The pop-up control panel can be minimized or maximized by clicking icon with the "rotating world" on it.

I've been crying in my beer about not having the LostOutdoors.com site to use any more and hadn't found an easy-to-use (free) replacement that I liked as well – until now!

Check it out. For example, try it to see how easy it is to find coordinates for your home or one of your caches. I think you'll like it.

Hey,

Thanks for that link that is really awsome.

I only got into quickly, but i love having the topo/sat/road maps all in one. Google Maps is missing the topos as far as i know. When planing to cache topos are a big help to see what your going agaist.

There is also i feature, under links which is find near by geocaches. Which is fun, if your not 100% sure where you are, and so you don't have to go to geocaching.com again.

Thanks,

Joe