Easter Egg Geocache

Ok I have an idea that would be a fun. First get a park / Field and hide easter eggs. Mark the cordinates of each egg and print it out on sheet of paper for each kid. Then turn them loose with the GPS. I should have thought of this idea earlier for set up but I just thought I would throw it out there for ideas for fun activities this coming Holiday. I may do this next year.

Sounds good to me, and I'll bet the kids love it. When my daughter was younger, we had treasure hunts for her and her guests at most of her birthday parties.

My brother got bitten by the geocaching bug in November. For his Christmas present, I wrapped up what looked like an official cache page entitled Working on Christmas. He had to find 3 legs of a multi just to find his actual Christmas present from me. The present was geocaching supplies and travel bugs, of course. The whole thing went over pretty well.

I have a similar cache already posted at that other site.

I used one set of coords and hid the eggs in one small area under the top of a tree that's growing out sideways. The finder gets to keep the egg. It contains a toy and a baskin robbins gift certificate.

I will replenish the eggs as they are found.

Check it out: http://www.terracaching.com/viewcache.cgi?C=TC7NY

I'd try to post it here, but I was afraid the reviewers would consider it too non-traditional. The idea you suggest sounds great. But if each egg had seperate coords, wouldn't each egg need a seperate listing and seperate approval?

The finder gets to keep the egg. It contains a toy and a baskin robbins gift certificate.

I'd try to post it here, but I was afraid the reviewers would consider it too non-traditional.

The problem I see with your idea is that the cache has to be replaced sooo often.

What if 2 people cache together? Who gets the egg and prize?

What if 6 peoeple visit in 3 days? Can you replace the egg that fast so everyone can find it?

What if someone finds it, but doesnt log the find for 6 days? You won't know to replace the egg, and every cache in between can't find it.

I see the other sire listed it, but can't imaging it meeting the listing criteria here for the above reasons.

Ed

I wasn't thinking of listing it on the Geocaching page. That does seem like a nightmare to keep track of. I was just thinking of having it for my family. Then I can stash the correct amount of eggs at each location. I would just make a log for those involved. It seems there are a lot of ideas of this nature that have already posted and its great to hear other ideas on this. This gives me some great ideas for the future.

The finder gets to keep the egg. It contains a toy and a baskin robbins gift certificate.

I'd try to post it here, but I was afraid the reviewers would consider it too non-traditional.

The problem I see with your idea is that the cache has to be replaced sooo often.

What if 2 people cache together? Who gets the egg and prize?

What if 6 peoeple visit in 3 days? Can you replace the egg that fast so everyone can find it?

What if someone finds it, but doesnt log the find for 6 days? You won't know to replace the egg, and every cache in between can't find it.

I see the other sire listed it, but can't imaging it meeting the listing criteria here for the above reasons.

Ed

That is just the kind of negative thinking that sucks all the creativity out of GC.com...

The cache page clearly states that there are only 6 eggs. How many people will cache with 6 kids at a time? It's nearby me, so I can easily pop up there and replace eggs. I could put out 20 eggs if I wanted. If I were to place it on GC.com I would have to do to the increased traffic it would get. But still, that 's easy enough to do. When I get sick of replacing eggs, I'll just post that fact on the cache page and allow the "adult" cache ( a small traditional at the same site) to remain there.

No problem.

We conducted an Easter Egg "Scramble" in the Pocatello, Idaho area for several years. What made it the most fun is that each egg held a clue (as well as a trinket for the kids) to the ultimate prize: the Easter Basket (first finder gets to keep it and eat the contents). It was lots of fun to watch the cachers running around town to find the eggs. The difficulty of the concealment and the clues could be customized to the geocacher level.

Unfortunately, we moved last year so I can't do it this year but am looking forward to doing it again locally next year. The luncheon meeting afterward allowed us to meet other cachers and share stories.

Here's a notice of this event cache that we used last year:

The Third Annual Pocatello Easter Egg Cache Scramble will take place on Saturday March 26th, 2005.

This year there will be 2 levels of Easter-egg hunt -- the regular level and a masters level (considerably more challenging for advanced geocachers). For each level, six Easter-egg caches and one Easter basket cache will be hidden for one day only in the Pocatello area. The object of the scramble is to find all of the six hidden Easter egg caches and the Easter Basket cache.

Each of the six colorful plastic eggs is about 3”x 2” inches in size and may initially contain three small trinket prizes. When you find an egg you may take one of the prizes inside (leaving an exchange prize is not necessary). Once the prizes are gone --- they are gone. Each egg cache may also contain a coordinate clue for the Easter Basket cache. The first finder of the Easter Basket cache may take it. A login cache will remain at the site to mark where the cache was. All finders (each team member) should login to the Easter Basket site cache whether the basket is still there or not (see below). Please login. Please leave each egg cache as you found it.

The Lat/Long coordinates for each of the eggs and for each of the two difficulty levels will be posted below (on this web page) at precisely 0915 hrs MST on the day of the Scramble and you may hunt the caches in any order. This should give everyone an even start opportunity and optimize your chances to find a prize before they are gone. For persons visiting from out-of-town: the Marshall Public Library (N 42° 51.628 W 112° 27.159) has computers with internet access and they open at 0900 on Saturdays. The egg coordinates will also be available on paper at 0915 at 42o 52.413 and 112o 22.334.

This is a one-day only event. The egg caches will be removed on Monday. If you participated in the Scramble at one level and wish to find the caches at the other level, you have the opportunity to do so until the caches are removed on Monday.

If you would like to discuss your geocaching adventures and meet other geocachers, we'll be meeting at 3-4:00 pm at Elmer's Restaurant in Pocatello (42o 51.631 112o 26.198) that day for coffee and talk. There will be a limited number of baked-clay commemorative tokens available to mark the event. They will be given to the teams who have successfully found all of the eggs (at any level) in this year's multicache event. We will also draw, from the names on the basket cache login lists, a winner of an official Geocaching Coin that has been generously donated by Renegade Knight. You must be present to win.

In the interest of fair play (to give all cachers an equal chance), I am asking that each team stay together for the duration of the hunt (except as may be stated otherwise by instructions found in an egg cache). Please do not split up to search for several caches simultaneously. That just wouldn't be fair. Thank you.

Here they are - the egg coordinates!

For the Regular scramble:

42o 51.575 112o 25.304

42o 48.337 112o 22.323

42o 52.013 112o 24.689

42o 54.568 112o 26.323

42o 51.169 112o 24.750

42o 52.048 112o 25.228

For the Masters' scramble: (0 and 1 are zero and one)

hao k1.m00 11bo as.1hp

hao kc.0mi 11bo a1.wh1

hao gk.1de 11bo ae.pag

hao gk.c1k 11bo ae.mwx

hao kg.cjp No kids - No dogs. 11bo d0.hek

hao ka.cgz 11bo bg.k1w

Good Luck and Have Fun!