60 Csx Altimeter Readings

60CSx nearly one month old and about 2 weeks ago I switched to ver. 2.60 and lost the capability to read the data logged in green in the altimeter page. The data of Barometric pressure is readable and I tried to switch to "Plot over Distance" and Plot over Time" and went all over the menu reseting nothing changed.

I was looking to switch back to ver. 2.50 and being unable to do it this morning decided to try version Beta 2.62 hoping that this might be a Software pblms. Haven't seen any topics lately refering to this matter.

It is only the data of altitudes missing barometric pressure is correct.

Anyone has a Clue? Thanks /Gates

Yes Cron

I've tried it several times to change via the Zoom function in order to have different scales to see if this modification could help to restore the visible data. Nothing up to now and the strange thing is that the Barometric changes are recorded. Tried to change type of chts from Topo to Metroguide. Reset all datas several times. I am about 1-2 days of the 30 days limit so I will request RMA Number just in case and also I have report everything to Garmin support but I also trust very much multipel site help like this one and the other in Qbc.

The worst of it was that all the data was available under 2.50 original software of the Unit.

I remember that you gone through this kind of problems earlier facing the option of returning the unit.

Bye / Gates

Yes, and I regret to have returned it... In fact, I had to pay the shipping charges once for nothing (as it is a software bug, I still have the same problems). But mine is only showing 30000 meters from time to time, but I always see something in this screen.

From what I read, I understood it is a physical problem only if it's *always* showing 30000 meters (the pressure cell is broken).

Thanks all for your reply.

But if the pressure cell would be broken the Barometric would'nt be showing any data?

How come only one data is showned Air pressure and no Elevation data recorded.

The elevation data that we read in the lower part of the screen is it coming from GPS triangulation?

Bye

Turning your track log to on will allow you to see the elevation plot over time/distance. As the over time/distance implies, the unit is showing the data over that, the only memory allocation in the unit to store this data is the track log, so if it is off, or it has been cleared, then unit will not have a reference for the elevation over distance or time.

Edited by yeeoldcacher

Yee oldcacher and FuzzyBunny are Bull's eye on this one because I remember clearing the track log and keeping it close since the time I lost the data and I taught that it was related to the download of the Firmware ver. 2.60

Thanks I never had to be teached this one again / Gaining experience live on geocaching.com

I've been searching on this topic for the last two weeks...It is certainly because I didn't RTFM

or having my fingers work on the unit keys.

60CSx nearly one month old and about 2 weeks ago I switched to ver. 2.60 and lost the capability to read the data logged in green in the altimeter page. The data of Barometric pressure is readable and I tried to switch to "Plot over Distance" and Plot over Time" and went all over the menu reseting nothing changed.

I was looking to switch back to ver. 2.50 and being unable to do it this morning decided to try version Beta 2.62 hoping that this might be a Software pblms. Haven't seen any topics lately refering to this matter.

It is only the data of altitudes missing barometric pressure is correct.

Anyone has a Clue? Thanks /Gates

Initial Post should have read

Geocacher nearly one month old and about 2 weeks ago switched off Track Log functions Then switched version and lost the capability to read data logged in green in the altimeter page. He then tried to "Plot over Distance" and Plot over Time" and went all over the menu reseting but nothing changed.

Hoping that this might be a Software pblms. Haven't seen any topics lately refering to this matter.

It is only the data of altitudes and experience were missing.

Anyone has a Clue? Yes a couple of friends on this particular web site Thanks /Gates

Cannot fool these guys around they always have the correct answer to any problems.