Ex500 Firmware Problem

I just bought an eXplorist 500 and was going to update the new firmware,but when i try to download it on to my unit it dosent shut off when Im done. I tried evrything,but it wont download the 2.03 version. I have done it in the past with my eX400 with no problems.Any help would be greatly appreicated. <_<

I'll agree it's a head-scratcher, although I think I remember seeing someone else with an explorist having a similar difficulty...don't know that he found a solution.

Since you say you are following the instructions carefully, I presume you are clearing all memory to start off with (if you are able to get all the way through, it's important to clear all memory at the end of the process, too, although they don't mention that).

The only thing I can think of is to try a hard reset with the secret key combinations. There are two I would try, both of them from the power-off state:

- GOTO + OUT + POWER - clear memory and set all settings as default.

(Edit: I just caught up to the thread where Team TeeKay said this step didn't help him so I'd give the next one a try)

- GOTO + IN + POWER (hold 10 sec) - reset for eXplorist XL

If the first one doesn't work, you might give the second one a try. I don't know for a fact that it works on a 500 since it was provided to an XL owner who was having problems. But the firmwares for all the explorists are very similar, so it might be worth a shot if the more standard first reset approach doesn't work.

If neither of those work, I've got one more idea...but as a friend of mine used to say, "We'll burn that bridge behind us when we come to it."

Edited by embra