Found Tb Not Activivated Yet

Sokratz

I found a TB in a cache today that wasn't on the cache page. When I went to search for the TB by number, it wasn't listed and said that it hadn't been activated yet. What do I do with it now?? Any ideas?

Sokratz

It may have been an unactivated tag left as a prize for the finder, as mentioned in other posts, but it also may have just been a mistake by someone who didn't understand that they were supposed to activate their TB before releasing it. Did it already have a trinket attached to it, or was it just the plain tag? If it had something on it already, maybe you could check the recent logs for that cache to see if someone mentioned dropping a TB that resembles the one you picked up.

I found a TB in a cache today that wasn't on the cache page. When I went to search for the TB by number, it wasn't listed and said that it hadn't been activated yet. What do I do with it now?? Any ideas?

Sokratz

It may have been an unactivated tag left as a prize for the finder, as mentioned in other posts, but it also may have just been a mistake by someone who didn't understand that they were supposed to activate their TB before releasing it. Did it already have a trinket attached to it, or was it just the plain tag? If it had something on it already, maybe you could check the recent logs for that cache to see if someone mentioned dropping a TB that resembles the one you picked up.

It's not a FTF prize left in the cache because the cache is mine :blink: I think it was most likely a mistake by someone. I emailed the last finder and asked but haven't gotten a response yet.

If nothing else I contact Groundspeak and see what they say. Maybe it's just SWAG now.