Addiction Cured

Sliver & Lucy

Well thats it folks,,, I have not bought a coin in over 3 weeks and my coin purchasing days are finished! whew ,,, I feel better all ready... :anibad:

Just way to many coins that have no meaning at all, other than the fact someone is making money off me.(us)... I am not buying another coin and am thinking of selling off the coins I do have... I am completley removing myself from the coin "game"...

Just waiting on a few coins that are paid for and thats that...................

Good luck & all the best to you all

Take care

Well thats it folks,,, I have not bought a coin in over 3 weeks and my coin purchasing days are finished! whew ,,, I feel better all ready... :anibad:

Just way to many coins that have no meaning at all, other than the fact someone is making money off me.(us)... I am not buying another coin and am thinking of selling off the coins I do have... I am completley removing myself from the coin "game"...

Good luck & all the best to you all

Take care

How funny. I made that decision just today! I will get rid of most of mine and MAYBE keep some of the nicer ones. Other than that, I have to admit, I have lost interest in this spectrum. But don't you know I will be keeping an eye on this forum; there's too much entertainment here not to! Ok, I'm off to find another bandwagon to jump on!!!

Never suffered from the addiction myself. Have a drawer full of military coins I keep meaning t do something with might be part of the reason. I have bought a few that have a significance to me and started on the Signal series (1 set for me 2 sets as gifts but that is a seperate issue). Never have understood buying something for no reason than someone is selling it. Call me cheap, I don't mind at all.

Well thats it folks,,, I have not bought a coin in over 3 weeks and my coin purchasing days are finished! whew ,,, I feel better all ready... :blink:

Take care

Understand. I sold all of mine about three months ago at my cost+shipping plus a tiny amount to let me keep the very few coins that either blew me away in terms of quality (EU, Canada) or meaning something to me (PA, USA).

Only bought one since, a Mulder Memorial coin since it was for a nice cause. I feel much better not hovering over the forums and only checking in for grins every two or three weeks.

I'm cooling off too. Gave up buying geocoins for Lent. It also helped that my computer completely crashed and I can only access using others computers. Might stick to trading for a while.

PS - If I was aligning a trade with you and haven't heard from me, it is because of the computer crash. I don't have access to all my email right now.

I'm trying to cool off on purchasing them... I'm now trying to do some trading for ones I want since I purchased extras.

I'm gonna try to be more selective about which ones I buy. But I find it hard to do since I haven't had a collection of anything since the late 80s/early 90s and I'm getting these to display in a collection.

I am at two days and counting... Trying to go an entire week without buying a coin. :lol: I've tried this several times now, but someone ends up producing one I like. Here's my plan:

Finish series of coins I've started (Civil War, AT, Signal)....

Look very carefully before buying any international or organizational coin....

Attempt to trade for personals after I get mine.....

That ought to get me to Mid May.....

I couldn't tell you the last time I even looked at E&*Y. That was my first step in quitting. I really enjoy my coins, but now I've got to look into sturdier storage pages. Plus one coin could buy me three gallons of gas for my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

B)

I think I'm on the road to recovery... I just paid for a pre-order and I didn't get excited about knowing I have more coins coming in. One more pre-order to do and I currently don't have any coins I just "can't live without"... only a few I'd like to get through trades.

I think I'm on the road to recovery... I just paid for a pre-order and I didn't get excited about knowing I have more coins coming in. One more pre-order to do and I currently don't have any coins I just "can't live without"... only a few I'd like to get through trades.

Ditto that... paid for a Georgia Micro that I ordered a while back, so I don't that counts as buying a new one... trying to avoid the $10 original stash coin. ;)

trying to avoid the $10 original stash coin. <_<

Just went for that one. Did my pilgrimage to Geocacher Mecca a couple years ago so I wanted to commemorate that one <_< - got 'so' lost up there driving around in the hills after a cache-a-thon from the Seattle area.

My pre-order was the Georgia Micro too... but I did get 2 Original Stashes.... have to have it, since without it, I wouldn't have this hobby to enjoy. Got the second for a trade...

But other than that, I only have the rare few coins I find I like, but not enough to buy them yet. I would like to have the Definative set, but now with the Gone but not forgotten Definative Set 2... I'm leaning away from it.

If I do get any... I'd go for the first set only. But I'd rather trade for it.