ianian

<ianian> is Who?~chinese usename?~

i'm the third one !~

Why have Geocaching In HK not to be able to have Geocaching In SHANGHAI!~

All is China's city!~ :huh:

Msn:kenchen424@msn.com

My Official website:http://www.chantimyee.com <_<

Welcome 2 every country'S player contact me^^

Great to see Geocachers in China. But the site uses Microsoft trash and I meet that "Microsoft VBScript" error message.

How about updating the site to something that's more international and allow Linux/Mac users to access it?

Great to see Geocachers in China. But the site uses Microsoft trash and I meet that "Microsoft VBScript" error message.

How about updating the site to something that's more international and allow Linux/Mac users to access it?

this is ok:

tw.geocaching.dnip.net

Technically, the linux and Mac users may have some problem visiting this site. I will try to improve it later. You could contact me by MSN or email exchanging ideas on geocaching in China.

Technically, the linux and Mac users may have some problem visiting this site. I will try to improve it later. You could contact me by MSN or email exchanging ideas on geocaching in China.

It's not a case of "may". It just doesn't work once you get into the sections. Look forward to a more functional site.

I have try with Linux + Firefox. No such kind of problem accured.

And the site correctly recognized my OS as well as my web browser.

Maybe something wrong with your system or your system configuration.

Edited by patwujf

It's not a case of "may". It just doesn't work once you get into the sections. Look forward to a more functional site.

Try going into one of the sections and see what happens.

http://www.geocaching.cn/index.asp?boardid=9

Mac OS X

I currently don't have Mac OS X to test geocaching.cn, but I will try it later.

My test result:

Linux + Konqueror : "Microsoft VBScript" error message

Linux + Firefox : OK

I think you are close. Mac OS X's Safari was based on the Konqueror browser. Maybe you won't have to go to Mac OS X after all.

In any case, it would be good if your web site can be open to as many potential participants as possible. <_<

Works fine with Mac OSX.3.9 and Firefox. All in Chinese though. Maybe fonts are not loaded on your machine?

Try with Safari.

Works on the first page but when I get into one of the sub-sections, then the error comes up.

Irrespective, I think web sites these days should equally support IE/Firefox/Safari as a minimum unless there's some exotic functionality. For basic text based forums, it's just bad form to have compatibility issues.

Try with Safari.

Works on the first page but when I get into one of the sub-sections, then the error comes up.

Irrespective, I think web sites these days should equally support IE/Firefox/Safari as a minimum unless there's some exotic functionality. For basic text based forums, it's just bad form to have compatibility issues.

This is a very good point for a web site. I strongly agree with you.

Safari of the Mac & Konqueror of the Linux are of the same kernel. They use KHTML engine. So they have the same prolem.

Apple in China has contacted DVBBS(the bbs maker http://bbs.dvbbs.net). Maybe they will find out how to solve this problem.

Currently, you have to use other browsers to access geocaching.cn . Very sorry.

Edited by patwujf

Hi,

I am hansolo77, a cacher from Germany. I will spend the next couple of months in Jinan and Shanghai. I am really looking forward to do some caching there, discover interesting places and maybe hide a few caches of my own.

Unfortunately Jinan does not have a single cache, yet. Well I think that is gonna change when I get there :)

It would be really cool to meet other cachers in China. Maybe an event cache in Shanghai? What do you think?

I looked up the geocaching.cn page but unfortunately my Chinese is not that advanced yet. Anyway, nice work!

Hope to meet some of you in China. Happy hunting

Hansolo77

Edited by hansolo77

Hi,

I am hansolo77, a cacher from Germany. I will spend the next couple of months in Jinan and Shanghai. I am really looking forward to do some caching there, discover interesting places and maybe hide a few caches of my own.

Unfortunately Jinan does not have a single cache, yet. Well I think that is gonna change when I get there :ph34r:

It would be really cool to meet other cachers in China. Maybe an event cache in Shanghai? What do you think?

I looked up the geocaching.cn page but unfortunately my Chinese is not that advanced yet. Anyway, nice work!

Hope to meet some of you in China. Happy hunting

Hansolo77

Welcome to China! Though I'm in Sweden now <_<

Any geocachers from arround the world in Beijing between 29.08.2006 and 27.09.2006. We like to handle over a TB that can travel to another ountry after visiting China, because we don't know how safe" the real hidden caches in China are...everytime we have been to China we saw people taking everythin they found after searching every corner etc... .

Nepi _und _seine_Bande

I'll be heading for Shanghai/Wuxi/Hangzhou in Nov and hope to try the caches there. I hope I won't get lost there... ;)

hansolo77, your caches look sooo interesting and I would really love to try them !! Especially since FTF's are still for grabs! :blink: ...but... unfort, I won't be heading in that direction... :laughing:

Are there many local (I mean Chinese) geocachers?

hansolo77, your caches look sooo interesting and I would really love to try them !! Especially since FTF's are still for grabs! :rolleyes: ...but... unfort, I won't be heading in that direction... :D

Are there many local (I mean Chinese) geocachers?

I recently spent some time in two Chinese cities and had great fun hunting for a few *real* (traditional) caches. In Beijing I found three, which are all in the same suburb, plus I had a no-find in another suburb. The downtown ones are all virtual. Some recent caches in Beijing have been muggled rather quickly.

There appears to be only two local geocachers in Beijing, MAPGPS and chendivid. They did not respond to emails.

In Guangzhou the picture is similar. I found one traditional one in a city park, while the other traditional ones are way off.

Despite the lack of traditional caches, I was able to drop off several TBs in Beijing, move others between Beijing and Guangzhou, and bring yet a few more with me out of the country.

I take this opportunity to thank our geocaching friends in China a lot of fun. Thank you for your efforts, and good luck with your future projects.

Mostly Moose

Oslo, Norway

Edited by Mostly Moose
There appears to be only two local geocachers in Beijing, MAPGPS and chendivid. They did not respond to emails.

In Guangzhou the picture is similar. I found one traditional one in a city park, while the other traditional ones are way off.

Despite the lack of traditional caches, I was able to drop off several TBs in Beijing, move others between Beijing and Guangzhou, and bring yet a few more with me out of the country.

It is ture that there are not many Chinese playing geocaching. But there are more Chinese geocachers in China as you think. If this forum is in Chinese, you could find more Chinese. I am in Shanghai. Aleung is in Guangzhou. There are some in Beijing. And I know there are some in Taiwai. I hope we could work together to promote geocaching in China.

I'm in China for work and have been busy finding caches. Got 11 of the 15 in Beijing area so far (which may make me the #1 finder in the city). Also DNF'd on one more. Got some Virtuals in Shanghai, but will try for the multi's when I get back there. Got 3 in Qingdao (including a FTF). Got FTF on Wuhan's First v2.

Also I have established a new cache at Da Hong Shan in Hubei Province. This seems to be the third in Hubei.

Is there any place that ranks geocachers by country?

Legacypac from Canada

I probably will be on a businesstrip in the area of Hong Kong and Shenzhen in the mid of April. As the best way of doing sightseeing is geocaching I am looking for some interesting caches in this area. Can someone recommend some nice caches there ?

Thanks

Maggus (from Germany)

I probably will be on a businesstrip in the area of Hong Kong and Shenzhen in the mid of April. As the best way of doing sightseeing is geocaching I am looking for some interesting caches in this area. Can someone recommend some nice caches there ?

There are lots of caches in HongKong but none in Shenzhen. You can find the caches near you on Google Earth with the geocaching KML.

Hi!

I am freelance writer living in Guangzhou, China. I am writing a story for a local magazine about geocaching in Guangzhou and Guangdong province.

I am looking to talk to anyone who lives here and geocaches, or anyone who has visited in the last year and did some geocaching here. Please contact me if you think you could help!

janekent8@gmail.com

I'm wondering if anyone could help me solving a riddle?

The riddle is a cache here in Luxembourg. :)

9efe0f73-0169-4504-b6d2-d618b4ed12fa.jpg

please help me to find this cache!

contact me: fixspoun@lost.lu

edit:

well I thought the sign would be chinese but perhaps they are japanese? I don't know...

Edited by Fixspoun