Is It Ever Gonna Happen?

codeman3

will it ever be possible to buy TB's at wal-mart or K-mart or cabela's or Dick's sporting goods? well I hope so!!

My personal opinion-make a limited run every year. But, I guess that is what collector-coins, I mean geo-coins are for. Would be nice if you didn't have to wait for the tags in the mail. I could see R.E.I. stocking them.

Heck, muggles would probably buy the TBs and use them for decoration or wear them around their neck. :anibad:

They wear everything else, why not TBs???

I'd hate to see the TBs go on sale in places like Wal-Mart and such. A sporting goods/specialty store would be okay, I guess, since people who shop there are on a mission. Keep them in the case with the GPS receivers so you'd have to ask for them. Personally I'd like to see a different design for the ones purchased in a store. I'm not trying to be a snob, but I'd like to be able to know who is supporting the GC store and who is supporting the retailer(s).

I doubt that because a muggle wouldn't know what to do with it and the next thing you know we're wasting tracking numbers. For an alternate list of places to find TB tags go here. But you won't find them being sold in a Wally World or some other such store. Not in the foreseeable future.

Personally, I think that would be a very bad idea.

Heck, muggles would probably buy the TBs and use them for decoration or wear them around their neck. <_<

They wear everything else, why not TBs???

I'd hate to see the TBs go on sale in places like Wal-Mart and such. A sporting goods/specialty store would be okay, I guess, since people who shop there are on a mission. Keep them in the case with the GPS receivers so you'd have to ask for them. Personally I'd like to see a different design for the ones purchased in a store. I'm not trying to be a snob, but I'd like to be able to know who is supporting the GC store and who is supporting the retailer(s).

I actually think having them in stores (unless it's "behind the counter" and you specifically ask for them) is a bad idea. Each tag has a unique ID and people not in the know will buy them as costume jewelry, etc.

If the wait time for processing, sending, etc. is the problem, sometimes you can see unused tags resold on EBay for a little extra, for example here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Since these were already made/sent by Groundspeak, I imagine you'd get them faster. The purchase will not support this site obviously, but the seller had to buy them from Groundspeak so geocaching.com did already get their money.

Personally I hope something like that happens. Not Wal- Mart but a sporting goods store. Somewhere Geocachers frequent. I purchase 4 TB's a month ago and haven't recieved the email that they have even shipped yet. I would love to see them in the GPS section of a sporting goods store. I see no reason to pay up front for something I have to wait a month or more to recieve. I ordered these in march as easter presents for my kids.

Personally I hope something like that happens. Not Wal- Mart but a sporting goods store. Somewhere Geocachers frequent. I purchase 4 TB's a month ago and haven't recieved the email that they have even shipped yet. I would love to see them in the GPS section of a sporting goods store. I see no reason to pay up front for something I have to wait a month or more to recieve. I ordered these in march as easter presents for my kids.

Holy cow! Have you followed up with Groundspeak? I've always gotten my order within DAYS. In fact, that last batch was so fast, I couldn't figure out for a moment what that package was on my doorstep.

Holy cow! Have you followed up with Groundspeak? I've always gotten my order within DAYS. In fact, that last batch was so fast, I couldn't figure out for a moment what that package was on my doorstep.

my husband just got me 4 of em and the tracking number tells me they're on their way, will be here tomorrow, I'd diffantly would check into it