Cluttered Event Pages

Do you ever look who will be at an event you may be attending? While at an event recently another cacher and I were talking about logs on event pages. As geocaching continues to grow there should be more and more events as well as people attending them. It's great putting a face with a name we see on the logs. My issue is people who post a note with whatever reason they can't attend. I'm happy that dear Aunt molly might be visiting (she does need to get out more often,) that Jim Bob will be recovering from a vasectomy (it's unfortunate he has 2 offspring already,) or that Fifi always has her flea dip on the 2nd Saturday of the month (you could attend without the obnoxious dog for a change.) But why post anything other than a will attend or attended on an event page? Oh, it could be bug / coin drops couldn't it? Wouldn't it be nice if they could be dropped in event pages without having to post a note?

I would like to see some way of taking all the "coin drop" "bug drop" logs off, but disagree totally on the other social chatter. Event pages are EXACTLY the place for that in my opinion. Folks keeping up with one another and filling each other in on what's up.

I agree and disagree how else are you going to drop a bug or coin if you forgot the first time or just wanted o help move it along to a cache you have already found.

:bad:

I don't mind the social chatter logs, but I do agree about coin/TB drops. I usually delete a drop log right after I post it in an attempt to cut down on the clutter (and not just on event pages, but also on regular caches when I log a personal TB through). Even though you delete the note, the items still stay in the cache page inventory.

In my area, we all like each other a lot, and really, really do want everyone to be at those events. If we don't hear from you, we worry that you didn't see the event listing. We expect to see the regulars post telling us if they will be there or not. And if we don't see the names of some newbies to the area, we can make sure that we drop them a note to invite them personally. If Tom isn't coming because his car is in the shop and his wife needs hers to go to her bunco club, one of us will run over to get him on our way over. When we get there, if Joe and Sue aren't there, we want to know not to wait for them if they had to go to her Great Aunt Petunia's wake,

Can you tell that they don't bother me?

Oh but please, never let me again make the mistake of forgetting to take an event off my watchlist before I go out the door to the event!

Edited by Team Neos

I would like to see some way of taking all the "coin drop" "bug drop" logs off, but disagree totally on the other social chatter. Event pages are EXACTLY the place for that in my opinion. Folks keeping up with one another and filling each other in on what's up.

I much agree that event pages are for social events, and that thus social notes about not attending, etc., are just as appropriate as "will attend" logs. Personally, I want to see who is not attending, and why, and I want to read the gory details about how Bob and Betty Sue were gonna attend but at the last minute Betty Sue's no-good brother Billy Bob in Gerogia got arrested, God Bless His Soul, on federal charges in Georgia and they are gonna have to drive down to Marietta to bail him out or at least to feed his pet alligator and the fifteen pit bulls in the cage out in the backyard and flush his drug stash down the toilet and then hide his stash of semiautomatic weapons because he really shouldn't oughta have them anyway because of his past six felony convictions and all. So, I say, let 'em social logs be!

I just LOVE it when everybody logs the Geocoins, one at a time, after the event while I have it on watchlist! :o:o:bad:

Why can't they just pick them up, all at once, and drop them back in with one note. I've had cachers entire collections in possession for about 5 minutes, and then dropped them all back in one note.

I don't mind the personal chatter much. For the most part stuff like that happens in the local group forums though.

Edited by Airmapper

In my area, we all like each other a lot, and really, really do want everyone to be at those events. If we don't hear from you, we worry that you didn't see the event listing. We expect to see the regulars post telling us if they will be there or not. And if we don't see the names of some newbies to the area, we can make sure that we drop them a note to invite them personally.

That captures my feeling as well. As an event planer If I am planning food, prizes, cache difficulties etc. I appreciate it when folks let me know they can not make it. It is also nice for the kids. They always like to know if the other kids are going to be attending or not.

I just LOVE it when everybody logs the Geocoins, one at a time, after the event while I have it on watchlist! :anibad::anibad:<_<

Why can't they just pick them up, all at once, and drop them back in with one note. I've had cachers entire collections in possession for about 5 minutes, and then dropped them all back in one note.

I don't mind the personal chatter much. For the most part stuff like that happens in the local group forums though.

Hey Airmapper I forgot to take that event off my watchlist and I had no Idea the amount of coin drops and pickups I was in for by the time I got home that night. I think I had 200 emails from that event before I removed it from the watchlist :anibad: Well live and learn :ph34r: