New Premium Membership

Hi, sorry if this query has been answered elsewhere but...I paid by Visa on 4/4/06 for upgrade to premium membership, but it hasn't appeared yet when I log in on geocaching.com.

The order confirmation said "Please note: New Premium memberships do not automatically upgrade your username on Geocaching.com. In most cases your membership will be upgraded within 1 business day of purchase. Unlike memberships through PayPal you do not need a Subscription ID for your membership."

I don't understand this message (old age, y'know...) - does anyone else? I contacted Groundspeak but just got an automated reply from their email bot saying the query would be dealt with in due course.

I was hoping to get details of premium member only caches before I go on holiday on Tuesday... :bad:

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi, sorry if this query has been answered elsewhere but...I paid by Visa on 4/4/06 for upgrade to premium membership, but it hasn't appeared yet when I log in on geocaching.com.

The order confirmation said "Please note: New Premium memberships do not automatically upgrade your username on Geocaching.com. In most cases your membership will be upgraded within 1 business day of purchase. Unlike memberships through PayPal you do not need a Subscription ID for your membership."

I don't understand this message (old age, y'know...) - does anyone else? I contacted Groundspeak but just got an automated reply from their email bot saying the query would be dealt with in due course.

I was hoping to get details of premium member only caches before I go on holiday on Tuesday... :bad:

Any advice would be much appreciated!

You should have got an email with a code in it so that you can apply it to the required account, if you did not contact the people at Groundspeak I'm sure they will help. Once you have that code you need to apply it at this http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe/ link

Did you get an email receipt for the payment? I would email and ask if there is an issue, you should also be able to check with the Card Merchant the status of the transaction. Believe it or not, electronic money transactions are not necessarily real time, they can take up to 5 working days to complete. In fact most shops (online or real) only pay for card verification in real time not cash transfer.

There are actually now 2 ways to pay (I know because I renewed yesterday). The first (old) way is where you pay via paypal and get the email with the code. The second (new) way is to buy with a credit card from the Groundspeak store, where no code is required. It sounds like Rose_Thorn used the second way, as she got the same messages I did.

They renewed my membership within a few hours (I paid by credit card), so they obviously need to look into it.

I got the following confirmation via email:

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is an automated message from Geocaching.com

Greetings from Groundspeak.

This is a notice that your payment has been received for your subscription at Geocaching.com. Thanks for your ongoing support of the Geocaching.com web site!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Tigger

ROFL!!!! By gum, I just hand'em out on a plate, don't I?!

Anyway, thank you folks - I emailed Groundspeak and they said they had overlooked my order :huh: so I didn't get promoted to premium member till 6 days after I sent my order. Ne'er mind, I have it now and will soon be bookmarking things and making lists and exciting stuff like that :unsure: