It's Here..... Gsak Bata For Garmin X Owners!

I have been waiting for this. :laughing:

I have only been playing with it for about 10 minutes, so far it works great with my Legend Cx.

Just in time for my big Easter road trip this coming weekend.

If you own a Garmin X series GPSr, you now have the opportunity to Beta test support for your device.

There are also some other Garmin devices that were not previously supported by GSAK.

For more information please see http://www.gsak.net/board/index.php?showto...indpost&p=10386

Humm, I get a "compression error" when I run the install???

anyone else?

http://www.grimlabs.com/bablerror.jpg

I have been waiting for this. :laughing:

I have only been playing with it for about 10 minutes, so far it works great with my Legend Cx.

Just in time for my big Easter road trip this coming weekend.

If you own a Garmin X series GPSr, you now have the opportunity to Beta test support for your device.

There are also some other Garmin devices that were not previously supported by GSAK.

For more information please see http://www.gsak.net/board/index.php?showto...indpost&p=10386

Edited by kb9nvh
Does this fix open the door for the other Garmin units, like the 2720 series? I was under the impression they used the same protocol.
According to the GSAK forum post the StreetPilot 2720 is not yet supported.

But go check out the thread. The door is definitely open. Robert Lipe is listening for info on related GPSrs that have not had support in the past. You might be able to get your unit supported if it is indeed close. But Robert needs some info from you to make that happen.

This is great news, I will have to try it out tonight.

I am wondering if loading from GASK directly to my 60csx is the same as loading them in with the POI loader? So far I have been using gask to mapsource to poi to garmin and I have about 2500 caches loaded. If I go direct how many can I load?

Thanks

I am wondering if loading from GASK directly to my 60csx is the same as loading them in with the POI loader? So far I have been using gask to mapsource to poi to garmin and I have about 2500 caches loaded. If I go direct how many can I load?

Waypoints and POIs are very different.

The Garmin POI 'protocol' is not documented at all and can be done only by POILoader at this time. GPSBabel (and thus GSAK) can output files that can be read by poi_loader but you'll still have to bounce through POILoader if you want them in there as POIs instead of waypoints.

What is GSAK and what does it do?

You are new so here is the advice: get GSAK, explore and use the program. You will then want to register it because it is a program that you will use for years. As you can see, the developer keeps improving it.

I am a registered user of GSAK. I also just donated to GPSBabel, which is another powerful program (actually used by GSAK). You will eventually find this program very useful if you work with converting formats, tracks, maps, etc.