In Defence Of Mctoys...

I know a lot of folk are sniffy about finding "McToys" in caches however my kids visited the evil empire yesterday and returned with some cool little gizmos - a spy watch thingy and a karabiner clip with torch, magnifying glass and mirror - not bad for a "free" toy from a Happy Meal! :laughing:

I think it's time McToys were removed from the list of unwelcome finds in caches - they're better quality than a lot of the cr@p that turns up... :rolleyes:

Note that this thread is in no way associated with McDonalds and I do not refer to any of their other business practices - so keep it on topic folks! :angry:

I think it's time McToys were removed from the list of unwelcome finds in caches - they're better quality than a lot of the cr@p that turns up... :laughing:

Alot better then the 2 cent Pencil erasers that some people call quote "Sig Items" then takes the geocoins and every other sig item in the cache.

Edited by Mystery Ink

Personally, when I refer to Mctoy its a general description of all those broken, indescribable, out of the .25c vendor machine, no kid would ever want junk. In the wrapper real Mctoys aren't that bad usually. But for lack of a better name Mctoy lumps all that other stuff under one roof.

Just my personal take on things.

MOst have no problems with McToys, especially if they are still wrapped, it the BROKEN McToys that the kids don't wan't left in caches that most people hate!

That's the key. Its the ones that look like they spent the last four years under the car seat that people complain about. I don't think anyone gripes about brand new ones.

MOst have no problems with McToys, especially if they are still wrapped, it the BROKEN McToys that the kids don't wan't left in caches that most people hate!

That's the key. Its the ones that look like they spent the last four years under the car seat that people complain about. I don't think anyone gripes about brand new ones.

Except for the Burger King ones from movies that flopped ... those are carp ... If I see one more of those stupid "Atlantis" toys ... Arggh!

Sometimes, we actually find one to complete a set! Ralph the bug robot from Spy Kids was not easily completed. We lacked the glasses and luckily they were in a cache. Now my son can play with a complete toy. So..I welcome them. Now to find that last beanie baby, hotwheels car, barbie, ............

I own a 12, 10, and 8 year old kid. I have seen every McToy made in the last 10 years. All of the McToys are junk. Worthless pieces of carp that get stepped on, lost, broken, left in the bath tub, flushed down the stool, buried in the the sand box, scattered all over the yard and mostly forgotten after two days. McToys are a poor excuse for making your kid happy ... materialism at it best. Also, McToys are the reason the rest of the world hates Americans.

You hit that one on the button my kids love the new toy but I dont let them take the old used or broken ones as I dont know where the toy has been and how clean it is. I always snag mctoys and trade up for better stuff. I think dirty old used toys is a real crapy thing to leave for a kid who just hiked though the desert to find "treasure"

:bad:

Except for the Burger King ones from movies that flopped ... those are carp ... If I see one more of those stupid "Atlantis" toys ... Arggh!

Mu/Lemuria, Atlantis & Rama ....They are all an ancient cache.... cache it........

I own a 12, 10, and 8 year old kid. I have seen every McToy made in the last 10 years. All of the McToys are junk. Worthless pieces of carp that get stepped on, lost, broken, left in the bath tub, flushed down the stool, buried in the the sand box, scattered all over the yard and mostly forgotten after two days. McToys are a poor excuse for making your kid happy ... materialism at it best. Also, McToys are the reason the rest of the world hates Americans.

You "own" three kids and you think McToys are the reason the world hates Americans? Since my only baby is unborn, maybe I just don't understand.

On topic; I agree with most of the posts. When the toy is in good shape, it compares favorably with most of the stuff found in a cache.

You "own" three kids ...

Yes, and I take full responsibility of their actions until they are emancipated. I realize "own" is a rather strong word to use in this case. However, it only means that I (and my wife) are responsible for them until they can fend for themselves. The blurb about McToys being the reason the rest of the world hates Americans is mostly a joke. But there are a lot of places where kids have trouble receiving proper medical care, clothing, and shelter. I would rather see McDonalds stop the McToys and spend the money on helping less fortunate children survive.

I just did a little research and found out that McDonalds does support a childrens charity called Ronald McDonald House Charity. Apparently, they have awarded more than $400 million dollars in grants and program services worldwide. So, as long as they are supporting the walfare of children, I'll get off my soap box.

I just did a little research and found out that McDonalds does support a childrens charity called Ronald McDonald House Charity. Apparently, they have awarded more than $400 million dollars in grants and program services worldwide. So, as long as they are supporting the walfare of children, I'll get off my soap box.

Actually it is a very good charity. When my sister prematurely went into labor while 500 miles away from home, Ronald McDonald House put her up for 3 months while her twins were in ICU. The accomodations were very nice and they didn't charge her a dime.