Recruiting Group For Arizona Historical Markers

Time for Arizona to have its own category for state historical markers. Our state has plenty of interesting history. One such marker tells the story of the Baron of Arizona, a man who conned the world into believing that he owned most of our state, in an elaborate scam that made him the most hated man in Arizona. Join here.

A few years ago, one of the archaeological societies in Arizona set up a multiagency task to document all the historical markers in Arizona. The funding fell through and the project was canceled. This category can help provide documentation of the markers in Arizona as well as listing interesting points of interest to those who like history.

To create waymark:

* Take coordinates

* Take legible photo of marker

* Take photo of marker in its setting

* Provide full text of marker

Variables:

* county

* type of history commemorated: person, place, event

* marker name

* marker text

* group responsible for placement

Feedback welcome.

(The story of the Baron of Arizona is told on this Waymarking page, and this geocaching page.)

I've looked over the category description and it looks great. Feels very consistent with the other historical marker categories. The variables and the logging requirements look good.

I'd be happy to move forward with it just as you set it up. :rolleyes:

I'm good with the category too.

Just what's supposed to happen in the 7 day peer review if all the officers agree to move forward? :unsure: