CYBret's A New Daddy!

The Herd

Now I can finally blame it on the dog!

9c464004-f3bb-46e6-b7be-01df59b2f292.jpg

That's me and Dave at Triple X, just minutes after we adopted him. So far he's a lot of fun and is being really good with the kids. He's about 2 years old and came from a pretty neglectful home. He seems to be adapting very well so far.

No training at all, so we've got some work cut out for us. Thankfully, The Herd is available for everything but cleaning up poo. :laughing:

Bret

So, where is the bright orange bandana, the collapsable bowl??? And, don't forget the doggy mount for your GPSr!!!

and just a quick f.y.i., between Geo and the new puppy Dakota, I have PLENTY of poo to clean up around here!!!

Glad I could help out...and you have fun, you look like you ewre made for each other!

Edited by The Herd

Dave was the name of my college roommate. We did everything together. He was the best man at my wedding, I was the best man at his. Two months ago, he wrapped his car around a tree coming home from work. His last dying words were, "Call Bret...have him name a dog after me."

Ok...most of that story is true. Dave was my college roommate and best friend. Also, having lived with him for three years, I'm already used to saying, "Shut up, Dave!" "Leave my stuff alone, Dave!" and "Stop peeing on the carpet, Dave!!!" See? It works.

Bret

Edited by CYBret

:D Sigh....live and learn....well...as long as you live, anyway. Dave got out of the backyard last night (the gate had been accidentally left open), made it to the highway and was hit by a Jeep (I don't think it was yellow).

Thankfully he's doing fine and I'm sure will make a full recovery. He's bruised up a bit and has a few cuts and scrapes. I had to drive around late last night (no fun considering my profession and how early I had to get up this morning). I finally found him hiding behind a shed about 2 blocks from home.

Today he seems very humble. He's taking it easy, but hasn't really complained. I've not heard him so much as whimper. He'll be fine in a few days, I think.

The thing that really sucks is I finally got him to play ball yesterday, bringing it back to me EVERY time. I was hoping we could step up to a Frisbee soon, but that will have to wait. All-in-all, a pretty fortunate pup, though.

Bret

I've changed my mind....there's no way I can blame it on the dog! It's awful...we're feeding him TUMS....my eyes sting all the time!!!!! He keeps asking me to pull his tail!!!! What have I done?!?!?!?!?

Bret

:D:D:D

Try feeding him Altoids Peppermints every day if he'll take 'em. The peppermint oil is supposed to help with that sort of thing.

It works with Kai. Usually.

:D Sigh....live and learn....well...as long as you live, anyway. Dave got out of the backyard last night (the gate had been accidentally left open), made it to the highway and was hit by a Jeep (I don't think it was yellow).

Thankfully he's doing fine and I'm sure will make a full recovery. He's bruised up a bit and has a few cuts and scrapes. I had to drive around late last night (no fun considering my profession and how early I had to get up this morning). I finally found him hiding behind a shed about 2 blocks from home.

Today he seems very humble. He's taking it easy, but hasn't really complained. I've not heard him so much as whimper. He'll be fine in a few days, I think.

The thing that really sucks is I finally got him to play ball yesterday, bringing it back to me EVERY time. I was hoping we could step up to a Frisbee soon, but that will have to wait. All-in-all, a pretty fortunate pup, though.

Bret

:D Awwww, poor little bugger. Hope you feel all better soon, Dave!

He's a cute dog. Tennyball is a good game to play; here's hoping you and Dave get to play it for YEARS. :D

We've got sit, shake and lay down....working on roll over....I'd love to get him to stay, though...is there any way to do that other than nailing his foot to the floor?

Bret

Had him less than a month...and already he is listening better than you!

Maybe I need to get hit by a car too. :)

Or sent away to live on a farm. :D

Bret

Ignoring The Herd....changing the subject....that's not hard to do. :)

So yesterday, I waited ALL day for UPS to deliver my new Garmin GPSmap 60CSx. I paid extra for next day delivery...and it got here at about 5:00 pm!!!!

Today UPS delivered Dave's new Geocaching.com bandana and bowl...at 9:37 in the morning!??!??!?!

How does that dog rate?!?!!?!? :lol:

Bret

So yesterday, I waited ALL day for UPS to deliver my new Garmin GPSmap 60CSx. I paid extra for next day delivery...and it got here at about 5:00 pm!!!!

Today UPS delivered Dave's new Geocaching.com bandana and bowl...at 9:37 in the morning!??!??!?!

Bret

Maybe he bribed UPS Driver with a new Garmin GPSmap 60CSx? :)

He's already taught you how to thow a ball, shake hands and feed and clean up after him. One crafty looking mutt if you ask me. ^_^

He looks to be a bit of a mix bread (maybe a mutt, but those are the best). I have learned that mix breads learn faster then a full blood of anything (well Labs are VERY good at learning... then again I'm partcail to them anyways...). On the stay we use to get those little snips for treats and every time King stayed he got one. Also helps if the kidos help out with alot of it. Dogs LOVE kids (well most the time and you said he was warming up).

On the UPS thingy, we have 3 guys that comes to this little podunk town. One comes between 8 and 11 in the morning, one comes between 3 and 7 of the eve and the third comes when ever he feels like it. I got my TBs and stuff early eve and my hubby didn't get his computer stuff till after he left for work, at about 6pm. Ours depends if it was taken to Vinita from Joplin or Tulsa.....

Now if it was the same guy then I bet it was just an overlook, or the dog did bribe him.......

Bret

I guess my phone call to delay them worked. It really pays to have family that works with UPS!

Maybe you should learn to be a little nicer to me in the future. :)

Once again...The Herd is just dying to be UN-herd.

:lol:

Wow, Bret...I know you have just been dying to use that phrase in public! Congrats on achieving your latest goal in life...you make me proud! :lol:

That wasn't my goal! Just a nice little diversion on the way!

By the way, be careful or your face will stay that way! ;)

:)

Once again...The Herd is just dying to be UN-herd.

^_^

Wow, Bret...I know you have just been dying to use that phrase in public! Congrats on achieving your latest goal in life...you make me proud! :)

That wasn't my goal! Just a nice little diversion on the way!

By the way, be careful or your face will stay that way! ^_^

:)

Only if I lived somewhere REALLY cold...and...well it is cold here, but not THAT cold!\

You're not scaring me.

Ok fine....

Here's a picture I took of Dave the other day. We weren't out caching, just taking a walk. I need to get him out caching again...heck...I need to get ME out caching again!

dave-steps.jpg

He's feeling much better after the accident. We've now been trained to give him treats if he does the following:

Sit

Shake

Lay

Roll over

Puppy Crawl

I'd love to be trained to give him a treat for "stay" but apparently I'm just not that advanced yet.

Bret

P.S. Does anyone know where I can buy a flaming hoop?