Morrells

I've recently aquired a GPS unit and am enjoying geocaching. found one close to the house, one close to the office, and one at the lake where I fish.

Just wanted to share that on the walk home from work today, at a park near downtown I found 4 plump morrells at 36 22 29.12 N 94 13 00.54 W

I love morels. Some pop up every year sometime in late April or early to mid-May in the wilderness forest just across the street from our home, about 0.43 miles WSW of our Sitting and Waiting cache. However, if you are hunting morels, you just gotta be sure that you actually get real morels, rather than false morels, aka species in the Gyromitra genus, which contain large amounts of monomethylhydrazine (rocket fuel.)

We found a couple dozen morels at a cache location a few years back. Since our special birthday weekend geocaching camping trip for Peggy was getting seriously rained out, we decided to stay at a hotel instead and cooked our dinners in the room over my backpacking stove. The sauteed mushrooms were a most excellent and memorable addition to our meal.

Sadly, the spot was too far from home to re-visit.