When Is A Geocoin A Trade Item?

Team JSAM

Ok just a quick question I realize that if I find a trackable coin that it is not a trade item and should be left of moved to another cache, but what about a non-trackable coin if I find one in a cache is it considered a trade item and can I take it and keep it. Also if same coin is found is it ok to just keep and trade for other swag or must you only trade for another geocoin.

Thanks,

<_<

The quick and simple answer... if it's not activated it a trade item.

Now how do you know if it's activated... if it's www.geocaching.com trackable, then the cache containing the coin will have a geocoin icon beside it. Unless the person before you left it. It may also have a note with it telling you it's trackable or has a mission. But sometimes you will find a coin in a cache that is trackable but doesn't have anything telling you it is until you get home and log it into the track travel bug area. This has happened to me.

As for trading for a trade item geocoin... just follow the trade up or even rule, you don't have to leave a geocoin to take a trade item one. Just leave a nice item or two to compensate for the other cachers generosity.

Pretty much just follow the golden rule.

MetroGT

I think trades are one on one personal decision.

If I want to trade a coin to someone and they want to trade something back for it than its a trade.

If I find a coin in a cache and I want it well than I go on eBay and buy it!

Or you can get caught up in the whole equal or higher value thing.

An unactivated coin could be a trade item but I wouldn't trade a McJunk item for it.

Again just be fair, funny how that theme keeps coming back.

And an activated trackable coin is NEVER a trade item. It's a travel bug with a mission.

Losing one is incredibly annoying, I know I have lost many and now they sit in the travel bug graveyard.