Garmin Gpsmap60 Csx

Currently Gsak does not work directly with the USB connection from the 60CSx. There is an easy workaround which is to export your GSAK files to mapsource and then send them from Mapsource to your unit. Only takes a few extra seconds once you do it the 1st time.

A few posts on this issue one of the more recent is here

Currently Gsak does not work directly with the USB connection from the 60CSx. There is an easy workaround which is to export your GSAK files to mapsource and then send them from Mapsource to your unit. Only takes a few extra seconds once you do it the 1st time.

A few posts on this issue one of the more recent is here

I've used those methods, plus just directly importing .GPX into Mapsource and sending to my 60CSx. The problem is they import into the 60CSx as WAYPOINTS, not as GEOCACHE points. So under the Geocaching function on the 60CSx, there is nothing...the list is populated under waypoints.

Any idea how to get the .GPX file to import as GEOCACHE points?

Thanks!

From your GSAK screen simply go to EXPORT, then mapsource, and download it to your GPSr. The geocaches are loaded as geocaches

That is exactly what I had been doing (prior to the new 6.6 GSAK), and they ARE loaded with the geocache symbol, but they are loaded into the WAYPOINTS section, NOT the Geocache section of my 60CSx (and hence you cannot mark it FOUND, etc...). I did it multiple times, and they always went into the WAYPOINTS app, not the GEOCACHE app.

Moot point now, since GSAK has been updated to work with the "x" series.

From your GSAK screen simply go to EXPORT, then mapsource, and download it to your GPSr. The geocaches are loaded as geocaches

That is exactly what I had been doing (prior to the new 6.6 GSAK), and they ARE loaded with the geocache symbol, but they are loaded into the WAYPOINTS section, NOT the Geocache section of my 60CSx (and hence you cannot mark it FOUND, etc...). I did it multiple times, and they always went into the WAYPOINTS app, not the GEOCACHE app.

Moot point now, since GSAK has been updated to work with the "x" series.

You should be seeing all your geocaches listed in both if they have the waypoint symbol as the closed treasure chest. The only reason why they would not show up under geocaches is that your 60csx is not recoqnizing that symbol as a geocache. Go into the geocache section of the setup menu and make sure that you have the closed treasure chest as the "find" symbol and the open chest as "found".

Cheers, Olar

Using the GSAK-Mapsource approach mine shows up as both waypoints and geocaches. Is it possible you have loaded caches some distance from your location and have "Find Nearest" option set? In this case none would show up under geocaches. To check set the option to "Find by Name" (geocache - enter - menu - Find by Name - enter).