Trail Tracks To Upload

Hi All,

I am looking for a site I once saw that you could find tracks for popular trails to upload to your GPSr.

I am wanting to find some tracks for the Moab area, especially the Kokopelli trail.

Anyone have any ideas?? All I could find are tour companies that want to charge for their tracks.

I figure someone has them for free somewhere.

Thanks,

Rich

One thing you can do is get one of the good moab trail maps like the east and west moab maps, and scan them in, reference them then trace the trails with like gps trackmaker software. I have not used it in the moab area but I have used it in other areas. It's not bad for accuracy, I'd say within 100' of the trail, enough to know how far you have to go, if you are going the right way etc.

Usually that's about the best you can do with a real gps trail anyway of mountain biking length because most units don't allow enough track points to get all the twists and turns of the trail. I have a couple of them I have done, amasa back and porcupine, and honestly even having done it with a gps that 100' is not a bad error from year to year when I go back there.

Also some of the 4x4 books have many of the trails with waypoints from spots on the trail, again it won't give you a perfect route right on the trail, but it's more than enough to let you know you are going the right way and how far out and back it is.

I am axious to try it with my 76csx unit since it will allow tracks to go to the memory card I should be able to get a lot better trail accuracy, but we shall have to see.