Benchmark Contest Pin

stvanme

With Shirley & John's approval I have come up with a design for participants in the Benchmark Contest.

This was based on Shirley's design idea and GEO*Trailblazer's preliminary design. I know some wanted a survey monument for a pin design but I wanted to come up with something a little more original. I realize this isn't a gender neutral pin but with the lack of alternative designs I didn't have much else to go on with me being artistalley illiterate. I will be paying all expenses for minting and mailing the pin out of my own pocket. Although I will not send any to those who do little or nothing in the contest. I will leave it up to Shirley & John as to who will be eligible. I will be requesting everyone who wants one to sent me a PM when the contest nears its end at the end of July. If I don't hear from you I will assume you don't want one. A total of 100 will be produced. I have not sent the design to the minter yet so if you have any constructive criticism for improvements they will be considered.

BenchMarkContestPin2.jpg

Looks god. I'll take 2 when the order comes in.

FireFighter Skippy,

I don't think stvanme is going to sell any of the pins. He plans to GIVE one to each of the contestants who scores a minimum score of XX points, with XX points being left up to us the 2oldfarts to decide.

Sorry, but it will be 1 to a contestant (if they want one). Maybe you could trade or talk somebody out theirs. <_<:P

John

He plans to GIVE one to each of the contestants who scores a minimum score of XX points, with XX points being left up to us the 2oldfarts to decide.

We (the 2oldfarts) have discussed the minimum number of points required to get the free pin from stvanme and have decided that "20 Points" seems like a reasonable number.

That is about 1 benchmark per week for those monumented in the 40's & 50's,

If you find 1 every other week that was monumented in the 20's & 30's that should cover the minimum number of points needed to get your free pin.

stvanme is willing to cover all costs, so we feel some participation is an important part of getting a pin. 20 points is not very many when you consider that 3 people have already reached that level in just the first week of the contest.

We say -Make stvanme spend more money!!! :blink::o

John

I like the design and can,t wait to display the pin. I will also like to pitch in on the cost of the pin. I know that it is free but i would like to help out with some of the cost. please just let me know. Thanks for making benchmark hunting my number 1 hobbie these days.

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I need help.

stvanme,

I really like the pin too! (Yes, I am the same one who made the comment about a "gender neutral" neutral design. But you asked for comments and the gender of the benchmarker was just something I noticed.)

For a while I thought if I was fortunate enough to have one of these pins bestowed on me I could always use a Sharpie pen to draw a little ponytail on the benchmarker if I really needed a girlie-pin. Tragically, I realized that benchmarker on the pin looks more like me than a girlie-ponytailed benchmarker would. :anitongue: So I won't be making any pen & ink changes. :grin:

So please don't hold my earlier comments against me. I'm working hard to earn my pin!

Colleen