Haughton's Hunters Az Coin On Sale Today

Haughton's Hunters

Per the website:

News & Announcements

Friday, April 21, 2006

50 Cent Handling Week

For the next week (or more if response is good) we have dropped our handling fee to $.50 for all coins in The Geocoin Store. Save $1.50 per order on handling!

posted by Mike : 10:01 AM 0 comments

Per the website:

News & Announcements

Friday, April 21, 2006

50 Cent Handling Week

For the next week (or more if response is good) we have dropped our handling fee to $.50 for all coins in The Geocoin Store. Save $1.50 per order on handling!

Well..see what happens when you just look at the coins for sale and not read the news? Thanks for the detailed information. Guess I could have looked...

I had to hear about this in these forums. I never read that news.... :mad:

Per the website:

News & Announcements

Friday, April 21, 2006

50 Cent Handling Week

Well..see what happens when you just look at the coins for sale and not read the news? Thanks for the detailed information. Guess I could have looked...

To the best of my knowledge, the silver coins you have purchased off the store should be shipping. I received the gold coins, so I figured the silver coins from the store would have already shipped.

Has anyone that ordered the silver coins from the store gotten them? Please let me know.

I have no control over their shipping, but if there is a problem I'd like to know so I can ask them about it.

Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, the silver coins you have purchased off the store should be shipping. I received the gold coins, so I figured the silver coins from the store would have already shipped.

Has anyone that ordered the silver coins from the store gotten them? Please let me know.

I have no control over their shipping, but if there is a problem I'd like to know so I can ask them about it.

Thanks!

I got my gold!

:)

According to the "geocoin shipping dates" topic, they were shipped on 4/19. I have not received yet, but did get the signal march coin today that was shipped on 4/21.

Thanks for the update. I'll ask them if they have shipped unless I hear from others here that have gotten their coins. I think from the 19th to the 26th would be sufficient time for them to arrive, but I know the post office has taken their time with packages before..

I received my silver coins on Monday (might have even been Saturday).

Tim

Thanks!

OK, so they ARE shipping as Team AZFastFeet got theirs. I'll ask the guys over at the Geocoin Store about it just to ease my mind. But I'll guess then that the coins are or have shipped and will show eventually.

Thanks for the info.

gattales, I don't have control over their shipping, but from what everyone has said, they seem to be good about their shipping. Who knows why it hasn't shown up yet.

As I get info back I'll post it here for you (everyone).

Today I received the two coins I ordered. I enjoy the coin's design, however both have some quality problems.

Coin #1: The silver area around the state of Arizona has tiny scratches all running in the same direction.

Coin #2: The silver area around the state of Arizona has tiny scratches all running in the same direction, but the scratches are in a different direction than on Coin #1. Also, the finish didn't take in some places -- as you tip the coin back and forth you can see where it did and did not go on correctly.

I've sent them e-mail about getting replacements. They've been prompt with taking care of other issues, so I expect things will be cleared up shortly.

Edited by Ferreter5

Today I received the two coins I ordered. I enjoy the coin's design, however both have some quality problems.

Coin #1: The silver area around the state of Arizona has tiny scratches all running in the same direction.

Coin #2: The silver area around the state of Arizona has tiny scratches all running in the same direction. Also, the finish didn't take in some places -- as you tip the coin back and forth you can see where it did and did not go on correctly.

I've sent them e-mail about getting replacements. They've been prompt with taking care of other issues, so I expect things will be cleared up shortly.

After reading this, I went back and looked closer at the coins that I got. I DO see tiny scratches all running in the same direction on the silver area, however, since I have seen this same thing on several other coins and it's actually fairly hard to see, I'm not going to worry about it.

I can find flaws that minor on nearly every coin I have. Perhaps your scratches are worse.

haughton even if there was a problem they have been very good about addressing so i am not too concerned. thanks for checking..

Thanks, I did send the email, but as others are claiming to have received their coins, I'm guessing yours has gotten stalled somewhere. I've shipped several hundred packages, and some take longer than others for some reason. I think we all know it.

Please let me know when it shows up so I can feel better about it.

Ferreter5, I have not actually seen any of the silver coins, so I can't see what you're talking about. I do however have the gold coins in my posession (minus most of them that have already be sent out). I can see the scratches you are talking about, in my case they are all going top to bottom. I have no clue what might cause this, it may be that it is a byproduct of the polishing process and the polishing cloth was not clean? I really have no clue. Looking at other coins I have that are "antique" gold, that is basically what it looks like. The scractches on them that remove the majority of the 'antique' finish and leave the gold behind. Just a thought.

Please let us know what you hear back from the geocoin store.

Just edited by above post to add a bit (bolded below) regarding the scratches on Coin #2:

The silver area around the state of Arizona has tiny scratches all running in the same direction, but the scratches are in a different direction than on Coin #1.

The reason I posted here was not to bash the coin or the coin store. I was wondering if the scratches are in fact a defect or if that is the way the coin is intended to be. The bad finish on Coin #2 is definitely a problem.

I let you know what I find out.

Edited by Ferreter5

I placed two orders for this coin and received the second order today. Ship date on package 4/24. Very nice coins. Thank you for producing this. Four peaks has always been a favorite AZ landmark for me.

if you look really hard at the coin, you can see the lost dutchman waving his pickaxe at you!

j/k

:blink:

Edited by hirlas

Just edited by above post to add a bit (bolded below) regarding the scratches on Coin #2:

The silver area around the state of Arizona has tiny scratches all running in the same direction, but the scratches are in a different direction than on Coin #1.

The reason I posted here was not to bash the coin or the coin store. I was wondering if the scratches are in fact a defect or if that is the way the coin is intended to be. The bad finish on Coin #2 is definitely a problem.

I let you know what I find out.

Ah, I missed the part that there were secondary scratches in a different direction. All the "scratches" I see on the gold are in the same direction, as stated, probably part of either the polishing process or ??? I don't know. But they are all in the same directio as far as I can tell.

I placed two orders for this coin and received the second order today. Ship date on package 4/24. Very nice coins. Thank you for producing this. Four peaks has always been a favorite AZ landmark for me.

Thank you for the compliment. I think anyone that has spent any time in the Phoenix area of Az knows Four Peaks. It's instantly recognizable to anyone here and anyone that has ever seen it.

I figured it would make a nice landmark. And, IMHO, better than Camelback.

Nice to get comments like this..

"...they are one of the nicest coins I have purchased in awhile"

I've also been told that one person normally doesn't like "image" coins, but was really impressed with my coins.

So I can say this is a really nice coin for a great price. Especially since they are trackable, numbered and have a custom icon. And only $5.00 + S&H on the geocoinstore.

if you look really hard at the coin, you can see the lost dutchman waving his pickaxe at you!

j/k

:unsure:

Of couse, you do realize that Four Peaks is NOT part of the Superstitions right? And the lost dutchman is supposed to have had his mine in the Superstitions.

Hey, maybe that's where everyone has gone wrong, his mine is really in the Four Peaks range..

Yuuuuuuummmmmooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! ;)

Edited by Haughton's Hunters

He actually hid all his gold in a tupperware container, it's currently waiting to be found.

j/k

:ph34r:

Of couse, you do realize that Four Peaks is NOT part of the Superstitions right? And the lost dutchman is supposed to have had his mine in the Superstitions.

Hey, maybe that's where everyone has gone wrong, his mine is really in the Four Peaks range..

Yuuuuuuummmmmooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! B)