Foreign Tb Travel

fox-and-the-hound

Seriously, I checked in on the very first travel bug I moved and it's now somewhere in a French speaking country and I can't read the entries (even after 3 years of French lessons) very well. Is there a translator or translator site that's easy to use?

There are several free translator sites listed here. I usually use altavista's babelfish. It's not always a coherent translation, and sometimes the results are very funny, but you can usually figure out the original meaning.

Seriously, I checked in on the very first travel bug I moved and it's now somewhere in a French speaking country and I can't read the entries (even after 3 years of French lessons) very well. Is there a translator or translator site that's easy to use?

There are several free translator sites listed here. I usually use altavista's babelfish. It's not always a coherent translation, and sometimes the results are very funny, but you can usually figure out the original meaning.

Thanks! I'll check it out. It was Claire (the penguin) and she's at Les jouets de l’Orée-des-Bois ??? :)

Cool,

I keep hoping someone will take one of mine to another country. One of mine just went to Alaska! That is pretty neat to me. :laughing:

Hang in there, and keep up hope. TB's make it in and out of the country with time. In fact, get a few more and release them too. The more you have out there, the greater the likelihood one or more will leave the country!

Cool,

I keep hoping someone will take one of mine to another country. One of mine just went to Alaska! That is pretty neat to me. :laughing:

Hang in there, and keep up hope. TB's make it in and out of the country with time. In fact, get a few more and release them too. The more you have out there, the greater the likelihood one or more will leave the country!

yup - I keep trying to convince my husband to buy a TB tag and hook it to me, since his TB's go to all sorts of cool places. They have missions like "to move around" or "to move around quickly". And they go to London, Malta, Egypt, Aruba, um, where else? Me, I've made it to Canada, Mexico, and England. So, I'm thinking if I have a TB tag attached to me... :laughing:

Seriously though, JAPTKD's "oldest" tag was released in September 2005, and he's already had ones go to all of those places. I've found TB tags here from Germany, Japan, ... so, they do move - especially if the goal doesn't prevent that.

Oh - if you're placing more in the hopes that they will travel that far, keep in mind the hitch-hiker chosen. TB's that can pass easily through airport security are much more likely to make it to other countries. I've seen some that could have more problems than others (random gadgets that would be hard to identify and look really mechanical are gonna get your bag searched more than keychains and toys).