Getting Jeep Tb 2006

tronaminer

I have moved some TBs and have noticed the 2004 & 2005 jeep TBs. I know what they are for, but how do they distribute the jeeps. For example, are they doing a 2006 Jeep contest this year. Do I go to a site and purchase the jeeps or what do they do? ALSO Where can I see a list of the winners for 2005? The results of both the Jeep winner and the monthly Garmin Drawing winners? Just wondering. I have done searches on the net for both and haven't come up with any answers. The Jeep site only lets you know the contest is over and answers older questions. Can someone help me out. Thanks

ALSO Where can I see a list of the winners for 2005? The results of both the Jeep winner and the monthly Garmin Drawing winners?

The winners for each of the 2005 monthly contests are listed here. I'm pretty sure that the winner of the Jeep was the last one on that page ("Jeep Help Everyone"), but I'm not 100% certain.

Good luck, I'm still waiting for my letter from the contest company with the winners name request that I mailed. The letter that THEY say they will send to those that request it with a name of the winner.

I have moved some TBs and have noticed the 2004 & 2005 jeep TBs. I know what they are for, but how do they distribute the jeeps. For example, are they doing a 2006 Jeep contest this year.

I don't think there has been an offical announcment saying so, but everyone seems to hope so.

The last two years the jeeps have disseminated from Groundspeak threw cache reviewers to state and local groups, then to cacher around such areas, and eventally into geocaches.

Do I go to a site and purchase the jeeps or what do they do?

The jeeps were bough by damierjeep corp and released by Groundspeak. You do not need to buy anything. If you find one, log it, and move it on.

ALSO Where can I see a list of the winners for 2005? The results of both the Jeep winner and the monthly Garmin Drawing winners? Just wondering.

No idea, maybe someone else knows.

ALSO Where can I see a list of the winners for 2005? The results of both the Jeep winner and the monthly Garmin Drawing winners?

The winners for each of the 2005 monthly contests are listed here. I'm pretty sure that the winner of the Jeep was the last one on that page ("Jeep Help Everyone"), but I'm not 100% certain.

1. This is accurate. There was a thread where the winning photographer of "Jeep Help Everyone" came in and posted, but I'm too lazy to find it.

2. Don't assume that the structure of any 2006 promotion will be like the 2005 promotion, just as there were significant differences between the 2004 and 2005 promotions.

I was hoping this was a for real thing. With the hype and promotion of the jeeps, you would think there would be alot of hoopla over the winner/winners at years end. Not even a banner or notation in geocaching.com. Is is a hoax or for real. Are the promotors , promoting or just getting alot of free advertising. Just wondering. I did a search at jeep and on the net and no final conclussions as to a winner. What is going on??? Just wondering. I like the jeep idea, but what is actually going on at the end. Winner or No Winner??

The contest was real. I won one of the GPS units and had a whole lot of fun trying to win. If I can win anyone can. Of course I thought my picture was also going to win the jeep. It was fun hoping though. The photo entry was called "Frogs being Toad". I have not heard anything yet about the 2006 contest. I also never heard if Melandros ever got his jeep? I know he was upset because it was going to be a 2wd. Go figure.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...rogs+being+toad

Edited by Dupiedoo

....I have not heard anything yet about the 2006 contest. I also never heard if Melandros ever got his jeep? I know he was upset because it was going to be a 2wd. Go figure.

He was more disappointed than upset. Having a Jeep 4x4 contest with the grand prize being a brand new Jeep, my expectation would have been a 4x4 as well.

I too remember a thread a while back with a list of winners, but can't find it today. :)

In the end, he was able to swap it out for a 4x4 Grand Cherokee. I haven't heard if he got it yet though.

I have moved some TBs and have noticed the 2004 & 2005 jeep TBs. I know what they are for, but how do they distribute the jeeps. For example, are they doing a 2006 Jeep contest this year. Do I go to a site and purchase the jeeps or what do they do? ALSO Where can I see a list of the winners for 2005? The results of both the Jeep winner and the monthly Garmin Drawing winners? Just wondering. I have done searches on the net for both and haven't come up with any answers. The Jeep site only lets you know the contest is over and answers older questions. Can someone help me out. Thanks

Since the Jeep.geocaching.com site says "See you in 2006", there will obviously be another contest this year.

Anyone else notice that most of the monthly winners never moved the TB back into a cache!?!

Even Mugglefinder apparently found a way to make it look like he put it in a cache without actually doing so.

Was this by design, or just another example of chronological grownups displaying little boy greed?

I think the easiest way to know when these are out would be to check the trackable tab on this page...

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/Default....1b-ba8cb05f4412

I hope they show up soon

Great tip GeoBlank

2004 & 2005's Jeep TB's didn't make thier way into caches until early to mid June of each year, so there's still hope. Yet, I'm skeptical since last year's contest began 1 year ago today and there's been no mention, much less hype, about a 2006 contest. I would think we'd be able to see the new set of trackables on the above mentioned profile if they were about to hit caches soon.... and I was really hoping to see a Jeep Unlimited TB for a chance to win an all new '07 Wrangler.

BTW, I tried the obvious route of emailing Jeep4x4 from the profile. Groundspeak delivery system bounced it back as undeliverable ... bummer! :laughing:

Whoo hoo!!!

Just received this in my email today

"Hi Charles,

Thank you for your interest in the Ultimate Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge. This year's event is slated to start in early August 2006. Stay tuned and keep an eye out on the Geocaching.com home page for updates as we draw closer to August. For general information, you can also visit this site: http://jeep.geocaching.com. I hope that helps!

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Eric

Groundspeak Inc"

There is going to be a contest after all again.

I CAN NOT WAIT :blink::P:ph34r::P:P:P

Oh no.

I like jeeps but the complaining that goes along with it..........................................................

Five bucks says someone complains about the handling of this contest even before the are released.

(Another 5 says it's today)

Oh man, this is such hooey! Not only can I not wait for the Jeeps to come out, I have to wait for the 2 to send me my cash!

Anyone else notice that most of the monthly winners never moved the TB back into a cache!?!

Even Mugglefinder apparently found a way to make it look like he put it in a cache without actually doing so.

Was this by design, or just another example of chronological grownups displaying little boy greed?

I don't think 3 out of 15 qualifies as "most of the monthly winners". I'm glad to say that "most" of us (myself included) got those jeeps back in circulation.

I find it very irritating and extremely selfish that people hourd the white and yellow jeep travel bugs, since there is nobody to get after them for keeping 'their' bug for too long. I came upon a cacher's trackables page that shows 16 white jeeps in their possession. :anicute::blink:Jeep Hog

I, for one, started geocaching last Christmas. I missed both contests, but still find it fun to log jeeps. I have moved two white and one yellow jeep. Selfish hoarders like this just make me sick. Lots of cachers have never found a white or yellow jeep TB, and would like to even though the contests are over.

Thank you for your analysis Dr. Freud, but please allow me point out that the word "most" generally refers to "over 50%". "My" Jeep was back in a cache in 5 days, so I take offense to your ridiculous generalization.

If you havn't been to http://jeep.geocaching.com/ lately you may want to check it out. The 2005 contest page is gone and has been replace with a temporary page that says "The 2006 Jeep Geocaching Challenge is about to start! Please come back to this site on June 27th for details."

That's it, nothing else. Its still nice to see an official confirmation of the '06 contest. :rolleyes:

Jeep4x4's profile does *not* show any new trackables

This was in another forum page

"FYI- The August issue of Backpacker Magazine has a 2 page advertisement for this years Geocaching Challenge. Page 104-105."

posted by fathergoose any have it scanned yet for those of us that dont subscribe to the mag?

I didn't scan it, but here's the text of the ad from Backpacker:

BE PART OF THE ADVENTURE

MISSION: JEEP 4X4 GEOCACHING CHALLENGE

The challenge is back and better than ever! Like our vehicles, the Jeep 4X4 Geocaching Challenge reaches everywhere, from the expanse of the great outdoors to the caverns of big cities! This year's adventure features more challenges, gear giveaways, and the chance to win an all-new 2007 Jeep Compass. Freedom in a whole new dimension.

GEOCACHING is an entertaining adventure game where you use your GPS (or map) to search for hidden caches. We're launching 5,500 Jeep Travel Bugs nationwide! These Travel Bugs feature a tag with a unique tracking number and special instructions on what to do next! This is your chance to get out there, go anywhere, and do anything to find your Jeep Travel Bug!

TAKE THE CHALLENGE: Beginning in August, go online to review the official rules and learn where the Jeep Travel Bugs are located. Then head out with your GPS (or map) to find the Travel Bugs! Once you find one, you'll receive additional instructions to learn more about the movements of your Travel Bug and other exciting opportunities! Have fun and tell your friends about the Jeep 4X4 Geocaching Challenge!

ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: Starting on AUgust 1, 2006 follow the directions at http://www.jeep.geocaching.com to enter our sweepstakes for a chance to win an all new 2007 Jeep Compass.

Fine print: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN SWEEPSTAKES. Offered and open only in 48 contiguous US/DC to legal residents 18 and older with a valid driver's license. Begins on 8/1/06 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends 12/31/06 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. To participate access http://www.jeep.geocaching.com and follow directions to enter. Limit 1 (one) entry per person/email address per week. 1 (one) Grand Prize: 2007 Jeep Compass. Approx MSRP: $19,000. Odds depend on number of elligible entries received. Void in AK, HI, and where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules on Web site. Sponsor: DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC, 1000 Chrysler Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2766. Jeep is a registered trademark of DaimlerChrysler Corporation.

I'm not complaining but I am hoping the prize won't be a Compass. I started getting concerned that Chrysler is diluting the Jeep brand when they introduce the Liberty. The Compass now deepens that worry. The Wrangler has always been thier icon product and its all new from the ground up in '07 .... eh, what do I care, I'd chase the bugs even if there was no prize.

I'm not complaining but I am hoping the prize won't be a Compass. I started getting concerned that Chrysler is diluting the Jeep brand when they introduce the Liberty. The Compass now deepens that worry. The Wrangler has always been thier icon product and its all new from the ground up in '07 .... eh, what do I care, I'd chase the bugs even if there was no prize.

I've always been under the impression (with most contests) you could take the money instead of the actual car/jeep. I don't want a prize and then pay taxes out of my own pocket.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines. Or at least pack the car and go get some gas. The 2006 Jeep contest to be announced June 27.

Now remember, the object is to enter the contest and move the travel bug along.

Awww...man! They tricked us. Now it has a date of August 1st for the contest to start. With a "check back soon" message to get the "details"!

I was excited...I thought I was going to learn all about the contest today..... :P

June 27th is my Birthday; maybe they are going to use my birthday as a launch pad for the less important Jeep contest.

Happy birthday Lostby7 :D

Hee hee Thanks.

Now if Jeep wouldn't mind giving me my present. :D

sorry, you're on your own there :unsure:

Awww thats OK I got dark chocolate so I'm OK.

:o