Help Needed With Fugawi Uk Digital Maps Software.

I have just got all 4 regions of Fugawi UK Digital Maps.

However I seem to be having a small problem and was hoping someone could help.

I have a Palm Zire 71 which has a 16 meg internal memory and I have a 250 meg SD card in the Zire 71.

Now how on earth do I get get selected sections of map from the Fugawi software ti install to the memory card.

I have tryed ever thing I have installed the main Fugawi siftware to the Zire main memory and when I try to install maps it say I have filled the handheld memory. So I tryed to install the main software to the memory card but the when I do a HotSync the maps will not transfer.

So please can someone tell me how I can get maps onto the memory card so that I don`t run of space on the internal memory, and so the main program can access them.

Thanks in advance.

The Cap Man (Keith)

&

Swallowtail (Tricia).

You need to move small numbers of map tiles from the PC to the main memory on your palm using Hotsync, being careful not to transfer too much data to overrun the internal memory.

Then , once in internal memory, use fugawi on the palm and select map from the menu, one of the options is "move to external memory" or something similar (I dont have my stuff with me at this moment). You need to move all the maps one at a time to the external memory until the internal memory is empty again. Then go back to the PC and repeat until all the tiles you want are transferered.

This worked for me but it is a slow process and I would love someone to figure out a quick way of tiling and transferring large areas automatically.

Once on the external memory, the datafile can be copied back to the PC to store for later use by moving back to the card when required. This is a faster process than doing the whole export and move thing all over again.

I couldnt find a way of exporting directly to the card or of saving the files on PC for manual transfer to the card.

One thing to note : On my Palm 515, fugawi runs noticibly slower if it is reading maps from the external card and I have experienced a few fatal error crashes when moving between maps.

Nowadays I tend to copy only the areas I am visiting that day to the internal memory and run everything from there although we did a trip to Scotland last year and held most of the north of scotland on the card at once without any problems.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Quote : The only problem I had was that some of the colour depth options for export used to crash the desktop application.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that, I've got used to seeing it all in gray scale on the palm :unsure: .

No one would argue that it is the best of the bunch but for coverage of the whole UK it is certainly the cheapest. Make sure you get the update from the fugawi website (may be included in latest versions of software), it adds a bit of extra geocaching functionality to the desktop app like searching for caches near to the cursor and importing HTML links for the waypoints to click back to the GC.com website.

see here :

http://www.fugawi.com/docs/suppupgrades.html#FUK2

All runs fine on my Acer Pda with the maps on the SD card.

Only thing I have to remember is to fully close down the program before turning off, and not having it 'on' in the background.

If you follow the help file in Fugawi, although very brief, transfering of map portions/ waypoints etc is very easy.

Hi I'm having problems with my version of Fugawi on my PocketPC it won't let me add new waypoints directly, which doesn't help when doing multi-caches. Does anyone have any updates that would help, I can't find anything on their website. I'm running it on an iPAQ 3870, the FugPPC version is 1.6, the PC version is 3.2.2.1049

Edited by Legodude_uk

On your PPC after you open fugawi there's some options in the menu. There should be an option that needs to be selected 'on tap create a new waypoint'.

Let me know if this works, if not I've found their tech support pretty good.

That does create a new waypoint, but only at the coords where you tap. You can't edit the coords of any waypoint on the PPC.

On your PPC after you open fugawi there's some options in the menu. There should be an option that needs to be selected 'on tap create a new waypoint'.

Let me know if this works, if not I've found their tech support pretty good.

That does create a new waypoint, but only at the coords where you tap. You can't edit the coords of any waypoint on the PPC.

I think I know where you're coming from:

1)tap map

2)select new from the menu

3)You should then have the option - bottom right on the palm to edit location. This may be in the menu on the PPC?

4) edit location and run to it?

I think I know where you're coming from:

1)tap map

2)select new from the menu

3)You should then have the option - bottom right on the palm to edit location. This may be in the menu on the PPC?

4) edit location and run to it?

Nope. All those functions exist, but you can't edit the coords. It's a known limitation of Fugawi on PPC.

That's bad Mr White!!!

I was told today that if I don't send off my registration card I will not be entitled to any free upgrades etc etc. I feel tha their may be something in the pipeline.

On the palm tis cool on the multi, plot next waypoint plan route follow the arrow CACHE BANG lol.

I think they like to hear how it can be improoved. They should give me a job just to mediate lol