The 60cx Is Here

Congratulations! Consider getting City Select or City Navigator and you'll really be impressed with the unit. You can run Topo and City Select/Navigator concurrently on the unit and switch between them as needed.

Topo doesn't autoroute and doesn't do roads real well. It shows most roads, but only the names of major ones and the data is about 20 years old (they use USGS maps). City Select/Navigator will show all roads, with names and allow you to use the unit's great autorouting feature.

I have City Select NA 6 but I've always used topo even when I used the Maggie. Being out in the boonies like we are, many of the caches are on dirt roads or almost roads.

However, I am interested in how to run the two concurrently and choose between them. Can someone point me int he right direction on doing this.

After installing both the topo and City Select to the unit, go to the map page and press the menu button 1x, select setup map, then highlight the encircled i and press the menu button 1 more time. You will see the menu to enable/disable maps on that menu.

I have City Select NA 6 but I've always used topo even when I used the Maggie. Being out in the boonies like we are, many of the caches are on dirt roads or almost roads.

However, I am interested in how to run the two concurrently and choose between them. Can someone point me int he right direction on doing this.

Yes you can. City Select will always be the main map and will always be on top of Topo or other maps. When i do autorouting I always use the Show All maps option and when I geocaching then I hide the City Select and the Topo is now the main maps. Is that what you are asking for ?

Here the steps.

- Go to the map

- Press Menu

- Setup Map

- Browse the top Icon and select the i in a circle (Information) There going to be a list there with all the maps loaded

- Press Menu

- Now you will have these options: Restore Defaults, Show all, Show none, Hide basemap, Hide Americas Marine, City Select and topo and also other maps you have loaded

So me what I do to get the Topo maps I select Show none, press Menu and select Topo. This way only the topo maps are loaded.

That's simple !

Edited by sylvainp

Congratulations. I 've had my 60Csx for about a month and love it. Very quick to acquire the "birds". I got a 1Gb card for it last week and loaded City Select maps for most of the US west of the Mississippi and parts of the east coast (about 600mb). Tons of room left for add'l states or topo maps. Enjoy!

Edited by C5John