G:uk "account Suspended"?

The message has changed now to :-

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.geocacheuk.com Port 80"

Perhaps they're working on it as we speak :D

:D:unsure::huh: I will look into to soon as I can , will let you know what I find :D:blink::unsure:

Its site wide so need to talk to Ian.

Good luck, hope it's nothing too serious :o

Edited by Nediam

I am as much to blame as anyone else, but wasn't GC.com having similar problems, and all WE done was gave them a hard time.

G:UK is a UK site ran by UK cachers and it is being supported (as it should be) whilst it is having these difficulties.

Perhaps we should all learn something from this?

I hope the site gets up and running soon, and I really hope that it hasn't been hacked again. :unsure:

Mark "The Cat" actually refused offers of fund-raising for G:UK whilst still with us, and I presume Ian-Teasel has kept to that policy as well.

Yes indeed (though offers of pocket queries are gratefully received!)

Not quite sure why the site is currently down. I received an email from DMC this morning saying that they'd suspended my account overnight because of regular slowdowns every day at 5am. The slowdowns didn't occur this morning, which pointed the finger at G:UK! They traced the problem to my daily backups, so they un-suspended my account but commented out the cron jobs. But that doesn't explain why the site is currently down... :)

Well I can't get on it at the moment.... <_<

HELP! B)

Dave

Yay!!! B):P:)

It's back up and running! B)B):)

B) Not for me :P I still cant get it! :P

Changed from a 403 to a 404 error for me now B)

I just get "page can not be displayed" :)

Still no good? B)

Try clearing out your Internet Explorer/Firefox cache memory and/or reloading the page from scratch (not just refreshing the page). I didn't have to do anything to get the page back up and running. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1.

Edited to add:- It's also working in MS Interent Explorer on my computer.

Edited by Nediam