Micro Containers

I did a search for micro container forum topics and didn't see any right away.

I saw this 4129 Match Container at a SportChek store and thought it looked like a container ready to go. It has a rubber O-ring and is solid aluminum. Has a biner and strap attatched. The price seemed a tad high but it is in Can$ at $9.50. The medicine one looks good too.

Any one heard of others like this? Post them here.

Go to E-Bay, put in geocaching and you will see a whole bunch of micro containers and they usually run around 5.99 for the size of that match one. They also have the geocaching logo on them and I have seen them used alot around my area.

"American Science and Surplus sells imitation bison capsules for 3 for $3.75." (Never have figured out how to do the quote thing.)

Plus $5.95 for shipping=$9.70

Or you can get 5 REAL bison tubes for $10 and no shipping charges at Sissy-n-CR.com.

Hit the reply button and it will take care of the quotes.

Obviously, I agree that anytime you buy on-line you have to be aware of shipping cost. I've ordered from Sciplus many times and their shipping isn't too bad. They used a tiered cost structure, so by adding a few things that I would buy anyway (such as address labels), I generally can get the shipping cost per item down to a very reasonable amount.

The point is, there are many, many places to get this size micro container very cheaply. In fact, if bobbarley PMs me his address, I'll drop a few in the mail to him.

What is the difference between an imitation bison tube, and a "real" bison tube? just who made it? if it didn't come directly from "bison" then it is imitation? or is there really a difference in them all?

or you can get 15 of the 'imitation' tubes for $24.70 (including shipping) at the before mentioned site.

you can always get the numbers to work the way you want them to :D

Does anyone else sell the 1" diameter capsules? would those be 'bison balls'? :)

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies

"American Science and Surplus sells imitation bison capsules for 3 for $3.75." (Never have figured out how to do the quote thing.)

Plus $5.95 for shipping=$9.70

Or you can get 5 REAL bison tubes for $10 and no shipping charges at Sissy-n-CR.com.

That's where it pays to live near the actual American Science and Surplus store. <_<

I got one of those capsules from the store (came with a tiny glass container inside it, too) for about a dollar...

Depending on your imagination and artistic talents, Yes film canisters can be made water proff so can the altoid cans that are about 1inch wide 2 and a half inches long and over a 1/4 inch deep.

I have just finished testing an old tyme thimble micro that after 20 days at the bottom of our citys swimming pool shows no sign of water leakage.... Now to disguise it hehehehehehe

Look at what people have done with writings on a rice kernal........

Dave from Team_Talisman

My dad is diabetic so I'm going to try and use some of his empty test-strip canisters. I saw a thread somewhere when they tested them and said they were quite waterproof. Don't know where that thread went... :laughing:

Having a x-nurse and EMT on Team Talisman they both say say some canisters of diabetic strips are not water proof...

Best bet would be put peice of paper with you name on it in canister and stick it in a fish tank or something like that for a few days to see.....

Dave from Team_Talisman

There is an Ebay seller called wholesale2usa, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...7106272&frm=284 , that sells lots of trinkets, as well as bison tubes. They come often in lots of 12. Shipping on these lots is $8.00. I watch the auctions, and bid around $4.00. So far I've never paid more than $1.00 a piece for them, total. I've also purchased lots of el-cheapo compasses, carbiners, etc, to use as swag, or to fill small caches with.

There is an Ebay seller called wholesale2usa, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...7106272&frm=284 , that sells lots of trinkets, as well as bison tubes. They come often in lots of 12. Shipping on these lots is $8.00. I watch the auctions, and bid around $4.00. So far I've never paid more than $1.00 a piece for them, total. I've also purchased lots of el-cheapo compasses, carbiners, etc, to use as swag, or to fill small caches with.

Why buy Micros when with imagination they are free even in your front yard

Dave

I can attest to the leaky film canisters. I have a micro in our city park that started life as a film canister with a magnet attached to it. Held up fine for a while then sure enough, the log got wet. I'm a camper and had an extra orange match container laying around like the one pictured above and wrapped it in black electical tape. It has survived the wettest winter/spring that this area has seen. The nice things I've found about the match container is that iit is a little taller than a film canister and can fit a little bigger log sheet, has a gasket and was designed to be water proof, it has a screw on lid so it is pretty much idiot proof in regards to the lid getting put back on tight, and costs about $2 at you local Wally World.

You know what one of the best micro's I use are?

70685L.jpg

Wrap some camo-tape around both parts, include a rare earth magnet on the top, underneath the camo-tape, and you have yourself a waterproof, magnetic, micro container! The only problem is you have to fold up the log instead of rolling. Not a bad downside, though!

Edit: I forgot to say that you need to separate the left capsule from the right, and shave off the remaining excess plastic. Not too hard and totally worth it!

Edited by skawhes

70685L.jpg

Wrap some camo-tape around both parts, include a rare earth magnet on the top, underneath the camo-tape, and you have yourself a waterproof, magnetic, micro container! The only problem is you have to fold up the log instead of rolling. Not a bad downside, though!

Edit: I forgot to say that you need to separate the left capsule from the right, and shave off the remaining excess plastic. Not too hard and totally worth it!

<_< That's a great idea....wish I had thought of that....

Why seperate the two halves? Just submit it as a mystery cache. The finder has to guess which side the log sheet is in. ;):D

Lol.. didn't really think about that. Actually, I just used these type of containers in a Puzzle Cache. The coordinates lead you to some type of sign or direction, and you have to walk in that direction and search for the cache! For stages 1 - 3, you are looking for those containers wrapped in camo tape. The final stage is the arrow in a parking lot which points towards a creek 20 feet away with the actual cache. I guess it must be hard, because no has found it after a week.. or maybe they're not interested? ;)

70685L.jpg

Imagination.... that is the thing on micros not expense.....

Dont buy have you dont have to.....

I did a search for micro container forum topics and didn't see any right away.

I saw this 4129 Match Container at a SportChek store and thought it looked like a container ready to go. It has a rubber O-ring and is solid aluminum. Has a biner and strap attatched. The price seemed a tad high but it is in Can$ at $9.50. The medicine one looks good too.

Any one heard of others like this? Post them here.

How micro are the containers that you're looking for? Because they have some really tiny ones on ebay. Check it out....go on a search for geocaching....you'll find all kinds of cool stuff