New Coin & Pin Guideline (4/4/06)

<Official message>

With more and more pins being developed to go hand in hand with the geocoins, a decision was made by TPTB to incorporate pins into the guidleines so there is no confusion on what is and isn't allowable.

The guidelines have been updated in Rothstafari's pinned thread at the top of these forums but here is the addition:

(ADDED 4-4-06) Promotion of coin and pin combinations are permitted where trackable coins are being promoted in conjunction with pins which are directly related to the trackable coins being sold. The coins and related pins must be sold at the same time and on the same website.

Feel free to ask questions if ya got 'em.

</Official message>

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drama.

- FSM

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

So if I decided to sell a bananna with each coin I promote, do we need to make a bananna provision?

I hereby declare the need for a bananna provision immediately!

What kind of banana? Will it be trackable? :D

A banana coin!!! I'll take one of each metal and a LE to boot :)

Rome wasn't built in a day. And the guidelines won't be built in a day either. They will grow with the flow. Change with the game. Most games work that way. You don't know you need a guideline or rule until an occurence happens to substantiate the need for one. If you think we need the banana rule, we can provide one for you. In the meantime, let's go with what we've got so far.