Category Icons

Our new Indiana Historic Marker category shows a little footprint inside a Waymarking "logo'. All of the other historic marker categories (when they were still subcategories) have the "hanging blue sign" icon. How can I switch to that? If not that..then something else. Thank you.

It seems that your category was installed directly into the History/Culture category (which uses the footprint icon), instead of down in the Historic Markers category with all of the other state historic markers.

This isn't a matter of changing the icon, the site admins just need to move your category to the right spot.

Can I have a more Canadian Icon for my Category?

The one that is used now appears to be Neil Armstrong's boot print from the moon... definitely a Culture item, but you can probably guess what I might be thinking on this one. :D

:cry: The Blue Quasar

If you stare at it real hard, then squint and then cross your eyes you can see a maple leaf in that foot print. :) Or maybe not :(

Edited by BruceS

The footprint is the default icon that's used for new categories until Koko whips up a pixellated masterpiece that's apropos to the category. And sometimes she has to wait for artistic inspiration.

I really, really enjoy how Koko captures the essence of the categories in those tiny little graphics.

I really, really enjoy how Koko captures the essence of the categories in those tiny little graphics.

This kind of feedback is better than any kinds of energy drinks!!

... I am wanting to make Waymarking pixelart postcard. Woudn't that be cool?

Jeremy Posted Today, 10:21 AM

Koko has been busy working on the GPS Adventure maze for the last few weeks so she is a bit behind on icon design. For the ones that can use existing icons I'm updating them. Some of the others may have to wait a short while.

GPS Adventure Maze???

Is THAT the mysterious Third Box on the Groundspeak.com homepage that no one knows about?

Well, no one except Groundspeak anyway.

:D The Blue Quasar

Koko has been busy working on the GPS Adventure maze for the last few weeks so she is a bit behind on icon design. For the ones that can use existing icons I'm updating them. Some of the others may have to wait a short while.

GPS Adventure Maze???

Is THAT the mysterious Third Box on the Groundspeak.com homepage that no one knows about?

Well, no one except Groundspeak anyway.

:D The Blue Quasar

I was wondering what that was there for. Maybe this is the answer!

GPS Adventure Maze???

No. It's a traveling exhibit that teaches kids about GPS through geocaching. It will be in Seattle in the next couple of months. We'll post a message that explains it better soon.

GPS Adventure Maze???

No. It's a traveling exhibit that teaches kids about GPS through geocaching. It will be in Seattle in the next couple of months. We'll post a message that explains it better soon.

Sounds interesting. I'm planning on holding a science night next year at my school, and am going to try an get some local cachers to help out. Might make it an event so that the kids can log their first cache!