Grave Of A Famous Person

The Grave of a Famous Person category has been approved! :anibad:

Thank you to all who placed votes, and especially those who provided additional suggestions and comments. All comments were read and considered prior to the release of the category.

Based on several suggestions, the category variable list has been expanded, and a few small wording changes to the requirements were made.

I realize there are some concerns about the precise definition of 'famous', but I think we'll just have to trust that if any questions come up, they can be dealt with appropriately.

Also, to those who mentioned the potential issues which may arise out of an activity which places people in the vicinity of areas that are considered sensitive - I share your concern. The category requirements contain wording to help emphasize the need to be careful in this regard, and I hope that people use good sense when visiting or recording waymarks in these sensitive areas.

Additional comments, suggestions, and feedback is welcome in this topic.

Also, to those who mentioned the potential issues which may arise out of an activity which places people in the vicinity of areas that are considered sensitive - I share your concern. The category requirements contain wording to help emphasize the need to be careful in this regard, and I hope that people use good sense when visiting or recording waymarks in these sensitive areas.

I feel your wording in the description for this category is excellent. As the person that has probably done more cemetery Waymarks than anyone else ( American Revolution Veteran Graves and Medal of Honor Honor Resting Places and one in this category ) I find it only takes common sense to avoid problems. Go to the cemeteries only during day light hours. Keep vehicles where vehicles are supposed to be ie. driveway etc. Stop by cemetery office if there is one and ask for grave locations, the cemetery offices I have been to have been very helpful. Spend some time exploring, you may be surprised who else is buried there. Several of my Revolutionary War veteran Waymarks were "accidental" finds while exploring. Be respectful, if there is a service going on in the area, come back a different day.

Edited by BruceS

I feel your wording in the description for this category is excellent.

Thanks, BruceS. I really appreciate that, especially coming from someone who has done so many other cemetery waymarks.