Delete Or Not?

Someone has logged a find on one of my caches, but the date they've put in is impossible. On that particular day, the cache was on my draining board drying out! I certainly didn't let any muddy cachers thru the house.

I've e-mailed them to ask them to review the entry, but to no avail.

Should I delete the entry?

Someone has logged a find on one of my caches, but the date they've put in is impossible. On that particular day, the cache was on my draining board drying out! I certainly didn't let any muddy cachers thru the house.

It's possible that they have made an error while logging the find, changing the date unknowingly or not back dating it when they should. Is their log in the log book, or did the definately not ever find the cache?

Seems a little odd to me why anybody would do that, unless they could't bear the though of a DNF or they really want to get their numbers up!

I'd say wait a few days to see if you get any response from the e-mail, if no joy, possibly then delete the log...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!etc.

So many times we've had these posts. Should I do this...? Should I do that...?

Does it really matter....? Who cares?

It's a goddam game... Play it YOUR way. If it bothers you so much, delete the log. If it doesn't then don't.

No.

Humour them.

I recall visiting a cache near the upper part of Mount Snowdon in which the previous logger had written a date which was a week or so after the date of my visit.

I wrote a comment in the logbook, something to the effect of: "I hope the Time Lord will tell us which horse won the 3:30 at Chepstow next Saturday".

The logger subsequently changed his cacheingname from his own personal name to 'Time Lord'.

Geocaching's a game. Enjoy it.

I think I'd check the log book in the cache first, then try another email.

The above should solve your problem if they did not sign the log book and wont answer emails then I would delete the entry. They can always post again if they ever email back.

I must admit there are few log entries out there of mine that start "I don't know what the date is..."

My new watch doesn't have the date on it. Somehow when on holiday I lose track of the date, and sometimes even the day. So I get to the cache open the log book and then have 'the cheque book moment'.

Makes it even harder to log accurately on-line when I get back and have a few to remember and log.

It doesn't happen so often now as I usually have my PDA with me.

I must admit there are few log entries out there of mine that start "I don't know what the date is..."

My new watch doesn't have the date on it. Somehow when on holiday I lose track of the date, and sometimes even the day. So I get to the cache open the log book and then have 'the cheque book moment'.

Makes it even harder to log accurately on-line when I get back and have a few to remember and log.

Rather OT (I do apologise) but reminds me of a long drive through Europe form several years ago, and myself an a friend went to pay in a petro station, and didn't know which country we were in. It made a difference, as France/Belgium and I'd have been talking, and Holland/Germany he would have spoken. As is often the way of these things, the cashier spoke perfect english!

Back to the OP, I would check the logbook, but it sounds like it might be typo on the logging page...

My new watch doesn't have the date on it.

Doesn't your GPSr show the date? It certainly 'knows' the date because it needs both time and date in order to use the almanac to find out which satellites to look for and to use the ephemeris to know where the satellites are in space when comparing the pseudorange signals.

Must admit to entering the wrong date on a few of my logs :PB)

It's usually because I use my phone to see what the time and date is. Trouble is that the phone also shows my upcoming appointments, so if I only take a quick glance, I can end up putting down the wrong date -_-

What I've done a few times is start writing the log entry then get distracted by something and start drying the cache out or similar. Then I've hidden it back where it was and walked away only to realise I never did sign my name and had to go and get it again. I'm just hoping that I've remembered whenever I've done this.

Doesn't your GPSr show the date? It certainly 'knows' the date because it needs both time and date in order to use the almanac to find out which satellites to look for and to use the ephemeris to know where the satellites are in space when comparing the pseudorange signals.

Thank the Lord for dictionaries being invented!! :PB)-_-

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!etc.

So many times we've had these posts. Should I do this...? Should I do that...?

Does it really matter....? Who cares?

It's a goddam game... Play it YOUR way. If it bothers you so much, delete the log. If it doesn't then don't.

Heaven forbid if a newbie asks for advice!

Thanks to the rest of the people who gave SENSIBLE answers.